Figgy Pudding

L_B

Veteran
Local time
12:09 PM
Does anybody actually make or eat figgy pudding at Christmas time? Just listening to some Christmas music and it came up in the traditional Christmas song and then it got me wondering. I have never had it. I did google it and it does look rather interesting. I have never seen it anywhere or knew anybody you made it so I thought I would put in out there.

A far as I know its the same as a Christmas pudding but, strictly speaking, with figs added as part or all of the dried fruit in the recipe. Everyone here has Christmas Pudding and I've made loads of them over the years. Some with figs, some with dates, some with all kinds of dried fruit! But I think perhaps you aren't as familiar with Christmas Pudding in Canada? Here is a recipe for Christmas pudding (figgy pudding) from Sophie Grigson http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/christmaspudding_87598

Reactions: L_B
A far as I know its the same as a Christmas pudding but, strictly speaking, with figs added as part or all of the dried fruit in the recipe. Everyone here has Christmas Pudding and I've made loads of them over the years. Some with figs, some with dates, some with all kinds of dried fruit! But I think perhaps you aren't as familiar with Christmas Pudding in Canada? Here is a recipe for Christmas pudding (figgy pudding) from Sophie Grigson http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/christmaspudding_87598

Thanks for posting the link. It looks very interesting. Not sure if I would like it or not. I know that I would probably never attempt to make it but if I ever get a chance I will give it a try.

Yes, I believe figgy pudding is one and the same as a Christmas pudding. It seems kind of difficult to make with all the steaming process. The one English dish I would be really interested in trying is a Sticky Toffee Pudding. I adore toffee. I am going to try that one day...Does anyone have a recipe for that? I can look up on a conversion site how to convert it, also my sis once gave me a measuring device with metric and US measuring equivalents on it. Christmas, figgy or toffee puddings they all sound awesome!

Back
Top Bottom