Recipe Five or less ingredients pasta dish

thespicyone

Local time
9:08 AM
This is one of my five or less ingredient recipes. A challenge every time but does means quick easy food.

Should I be ashamed or embarrassed to use ready made jar sauces products? Not if used and added to make a meal simple. These do not cost a lot either.

SAUSAGE PEPPER PASTA.

Ingredients (For one person or multiply for numbers)

Good quality sausages. I used a six pack. Any Chicken or Pork or Turkey Sausages can be used
Jar of Pasta Sauce.
Anti-Pasti Jar of Peppers (drained) or use Red roasted ones diced up.
Pasta of your choice. I used Penne Fusilli or other short shapes.

METHOD

Add sausages to a baking tray on a medium heat. I set my cooker oven to 150 fan for ten minutes.
When cooked will not be all the way through.
I do this because the hob is on. Make use of the oven to brown sausages simply. Then take out of oven to dice up.
Its Good to have cold cooked Sausages for other recipes.

Meanwhile add a sauté Pan to hob. Put Pasta on salted water to your Pasta Pot or a large stockpot .I used a time saver the hot water from a kettle easier. Also quicker.

Apply heat to sauté pan low. I always pour my Pasta sauces in to bowls first. Then can know how much to add . Not drenched coated. Drain Peppers cut them up .

To bowl with sauce portion . Here could add chilli flakes makes up to five ingredients. If you so wish. No herbs plenty in sauce or though add if you wish to. As long it is five ingredients.

Add ladle of sauce to pan diced. Sausages drained Pasta sauté simmer adjust timings.

Sausages, Sauce and Peppers, Pasta you just making sure warm to eat.

Hope every one enjoys make it your own done this with just Peppers or added in Salami and Peppers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom