Flash Pizza... too good to be true?

Interesting. Sounded like the voice-over was from the 60s, but that may just be my impression:happy::happy:
Yoghurt would add smoothness to the dough and, since the yoghurt is "live", might just help to raise the dough a bit. I make a deep-fried Indian bread called bathura, which uses yoghurt, and it´s deliciously silky.
Have to admit that the final product looked a bit "stiff" to me. More akin to a Catalan "Coca" than a pizza. Definitely nowhere near a Chicago Pizza Pie.
Curiously enough, I went to a traditional Neapolitan pizza house last night, where the crust is big and puffy, but the rest of the pizza is milimetrically thin and soft. When I asked the cook why, he said: "
Neapolitan pizza is not eaten in slices. You cut a piece, with the crust, and then roll it up. Pizza slices? Is an American thing"
And then I remember eating pizzas in Florence, Tuscany, many years ago. Great slabs of dough, cut into squares.And utterly delicious.

Interesting. Sounded like the voice-over was from the 60s, but that may just be my impression:happy::happy:
Yoghurt would add smoothness to the dough and, since the yoghurt is "live", might just help to raise the dough a bit. I make a deep-fried Indian bread called bathura, which uses yoghurt, and it´s deliciously silky.
Have to admit that the final product looked a bit "stiff" to me. More akin to a Catalan "Coca" than a pizza. Definitely nowhere near a Chicago Pizza Pie.
Curiously enough, I went to a traditional Neapolitan pizza house last night, where the crust is big and puffy, but the rest of the pizza is milimetrically thin and soft. When I asked the cook why, he said: "
Neapolitan pizza is not eaten in slices. You cut a piece, with the crust, and then roll it up. Pizza slices? Is an American thing"
And then I remember eating pizzas in Florence, Tuscany, many years ago. Great slabs of dough, cut into squares.And utterly delicious.

For Neapolitan pizza, I judge by the pizzas I ate in Napoli. I didn't eat Pizza in Firenze, or anywhere else in Toscana. I wanted to try Roman pizza, but didn't get a chance while there.

CD

I make a deep-fried Indian bread called bathura, which uses yoghurt, and it´s deliciously silky.

I make an Indian style flatbread with yoghurt too (not deep fried but pan fried). As far as I can see this is simply a flatbread and it looks too dense to be a convincing pizza dough. I reckon I could to better...

Ok - now I have a challenge! :)

Back
Top Bottom