Florentina pizza

Ella

Veteran
Local time
6:25 AM
This is one of my favorite pizzas with spinach and a whole egg baked into the pizza. the best way is to cook the pizza half way and then take it out and add the egg last in the center and then bake for 10 minutes. If you leave it in too long the egg will go rubbery.

Another idea is to have it for breakfast and then everyone has a slice of breakfast pizza if you add some mushrooms on it as well. I usually add less cheese so it's not so heavy and to make enough room for the egg to set on the pizza.
55282.jpg

I've made many pizzas but have never tried this. I do like the look of it and shall give it a go. I would like it with sliced sauted mushrooms too.

I think this is a great idea for breakfast or brunch.

I love pizza with an egg on it. We often do the same with other baked meals as well especially when they are being reheated. About 10 mins before it is ready we add the egg, but as you rightly say, cook it too long and it becomes rubbery.

This looks delicious. I like eggs and spinach. My partner travelled a lot in Italy years ago and says that serving an egg on a pizza is a traditional way of serving pizza there. I usually go for spicier pizzas, such as those topped with jalepenos, pepperoni and spicy beef, but this sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom