1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tsp lemon zest, divided
4 medium bananas, very ripe
8 large eggs
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
Cooking spray

Directions
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the syrup on High for 30 seconds. Stir in the berries and toss to coat. Microwave the berries on High for 1 minute until softened. Stir in ½ tsp lemon zest. Cover the syrup and set aside.

Using a fork, in a medium bowl, mash the bananas, then stir in the eggs, remaining ½ tsp lemon zest, and salt. Add the baking powder on top and mix the batter until blended.

Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and heat over medium. Drop about 2 TB batter into the hot skillet for each pancake, spacing the pancakes 2 inches apart. Cook until browned on the bottom, about 1½ minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the second side, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.

Repeat with the remaining batter, wiping out any browned bits in the pan and coating with more cooking spray if needed. Garnish with more lemon zest. Serve with the warm berry syrup.

Serving size: 6 pancakes and ¼ cup syrup

Recipe courtesy of WeightWatchers.com

Looks good. I made some berry pancakes the other day but wasn't entirely happy with the result. I put the berries in the batter. Is that right that this recipe makes 24 pancakes?

Out of interest I roughly worked out the calories and it came to 350 per portion. Not bad for 6 pancakes (if I'm reading the recipe correctly). If I were eating this, I think 2 pancakes would be enough, so that would be a very low 175 cals. Seems a bit to good to be true so maybe I'm not calculating correctly (or misreading).

Looks good. I made some berry pancakes the other day but wasn't entirely happy with the result. I put the berries in the batter. Is that right that this recipe makes 24 pancakes?

Out of interest I roughly worked out the calories and it came to 350 per portion. Not bad for 6 pancakes (if I'm reading the recipe correctly). If I were eating this, I think 2 pancakes would be enough, so that would be a very low 175 cals. Seems a bit to good to be true so maybe I'm not calculating correctly (or misreading).
Can't be 24 portions. My quick calculation has these ingredients at around 850-900 total or around 150 calories per pancake for a total of 6 pancakes. There's 4 banana's and 8 eggs basically so that's about 3/4 of a banana and 1.5 eggs per portion, which if this is breakfast I'd be hungry almost immediately if I ate 1 portion and it would spike my blood sugar.

EDIT: But wait, a pancake is 2 tbsps. wow I get to eat lots of pancakes, thanks WW your swell.

Last edited:
I was basing it on the fact that the recipe says serves 4. And that a serving size is:
If the recipe is reduced to 1 tbsp instead of 2 tbsps per pancake you'd have 48 pancakes and you'd get to eat 12 pancakes, makes sense, right. Also I have a feeling that pancake is larger than 2 tbsps based on the total amount of blueberries, just a guess though.

Last edited:
I'm sure they're very tasty and if I wasn't low carb I'd scoff them up without a doubt. I was just picking on WW on the way they propose what a healthy breakfast portion size might be and is basically a sugar bomb.

Yea, that’s correct, but they’re thin and small. As GH says, each pancake is 2 TB of batter. They’re plated up on a salad plate in my photo, not a dinner plate.

Yea, that’s correct, but they’re thin and small. As GH says, each pancake is 2 TB of batter. They’re plated up on a salad plate in my photo, it a dinner plate.
it might be interesting to seperate the eggs and whip the whites. It'll result in a larger and lighter pancake. Cheers.

it might be interesting to seperate the eggs and whip the whites. It'll result in a larger and lighter pancake. Cheers.
That’s an excellent idea, thanks!

The thinness…very much like the ones my mom made when we were kids, so when I grew up and started getting those typical “Hungry Jack”-style American diner pancakes, I had a bit of an adjustment period to get through.

Except for the mild banana flavor, these could have come out of Ma Tasty’s kitchen in 1971.

That’s an excellent idea, thanks!

The thinness…very much like the ones my mom made when we were kids, so when I grew up and started getting those typical “Hungry Jack”-style American diner pancakes, I had a bit of an adjustment period to get through.

Except for the mild banana flavor, these could have come out of Ma Tasty’s kitchen in 1971.
If you try that, add the salt to the whites, it'll help stabilize and increase volume.

Just for fun, I stuck the recipe into an online nutrition calculator, and this is what I got:

1658236231529.png

Now, when I was counting carbs back when I was diagnosed as diabetic, I was recommended to consume 45g-60g net carbs per meal (and 15g-30g per snack), and the net carbs on this is 41g (47g total carbs - 6g fiber), so this would come in just under my minimum carb intake for a meal, which means...I get extra syrup! :laugh:

Thank you for posting this! I haven't made it in some time. This used to be a zero point weightwatchers item (except for the syrup), so I could shovel down as many as I wanted. Then, weightwatchers changed eggs to 2 points each. Now, I find myself having fewer omelets, but I will still make this one again.

Back
Top Bottom