Food Celebs...Let's See the Recipes in Writing!

Kate

Veteran
Local time
7:50 PM
I've tried a few recipes that I've seen TV cooks/chefs making online. I like watching the Food Network and sometimes they actually do put the recipes they're making on the website... but not always.

I wish there would be a place where we could see the visual recipe they're making at the same time it's being cooked. For tactile learners like I am, that would make a world of difference from either trying to remember everything or scrambling to write everything down as they're tossing ingredients into the pot or pan.

A lot of the recipes on Food Network shows are written by ghost writers - they're not even written by the celebrity chefs.

Sandra Lee got busted on this big time when she did a segment on "Kwanzaa Cake". People were making fun of the recipe so much that Food Network actually took it down from the site. The comments on it were hilarious though while it was still up. Eventually, the real creator of the recipe came forward and admitted that she was the one who actually wrote the recipe.

Sometimes the Food Network does post a short video to go along with the recipe to help you make the dish. Also, you can get some food shows on Netflix now. So it would be possible to look up the accompanying recipes and cook along with the shows. For instance, Good Eats with Alton Brown is now on Netflix, and as far as I know, all of the Good Eats recipes are available on the site. I have personally had a lot of success with those recipes. Once my family started making the Good Eats Roast Turkey, our Thanksgivings were epic. I look for the recipes that have good reviews from other users, and I make sure to post my own review to help others know whether the recipe is worth trying.

Back
Top Bottom