Food festivals - great day out or waste of time and money?

Local time
12:44 AM
Website
www.helium.com
I found this article detailing the UK's top autumn food festivals. I've had great reports on the Ludlow Food Festival from my brother and his wife, but I've never managed to get there yet. So, do you go to food festivals? Are they worth the time, expense and effort?

I probably wouldn't go hugely out of my way to visit one, but if there was one locally, I'd try and make the effort to go.

I found this article detailing the UK's top autumn food festivals. I've had great reports on the Ludlow Food Festival from my brother and his wife, but I've never managed to get there yet. So, do you go to food festivals? Are they worth the time, expense and effort?

I wish we'd have things like that around my area, but I don't know of any food festivals within 100 miles. :( I think it would definitely be worth the effort and expense because it's exactly the type of thing that I like to experience.

It would also give my daughter an opportunity to try new foods and cuisines, too, so that's always a plus.

In the UK Autumn Food festivals are not just a good opportunity to try new foods and regional customs, but many of them have a pagan origin because it's Mabon time.

If I would have a chance to go a food festival this year, I would choice one connected with those ancient rites.

I wish we'd have things like that around my area, but I don't know of any food festivals within 100 miles. :( I think it would definitely be worth the effort and expense because it's exactly the type of thing that I like to experience.

It would also give my daughter an opportunity to try new foods and cuisines, too, so that's always a plus.

You know the answer, don't you....

Organise one!

Ok, that's a big deal. But if you asked a few friends, and they all liked the idea, you could arrange something small to start with, and share the work. See if local food producers would take part in a market. Maybe local restaurants would do special theme evenings etc?

Back
Top Bottom