Food Network

kgord

Veteran
Local time
1:14 AM
Do you like to watch the Food Network? I enjoy it before some reason, I usually only watch it on Saturday. As a matter of fact, that is what is on now. I am watching the Pioneer Woman. Wow, I wish I had the Food Network financing all of my grocery purchases. What a nice perk that would be!! lol.

Do you like to watch the Food Network? I enjoy it before some reason, I usually only watch it on Saturday. As a matter of fact, that is what is on now. I am watching the Pioneer Woman. Wow, I wish I had the Food Network financing all of my grocery purchases. What a nice perk that would be!! lol.
I tend to watch Good Food Channel (maybe 'cos I'm a Brit). I find Food Network is a bit to full of 'shouty' presenters and/or rather gross shows about (usually men) eating very unhealthy stuff! But I do watch some shows like Pioneer Woman and Barefoot Contessa.

I tend to watch Good Food Channel (maybe 'cos I'm a Brit). I find Food Network is a bit to full of 'shouty' presenters and/or rather gross shows about (usually men) eating very unhealthy stuff! But I do watch some shows like Pioneer Woman and Barefoot Contessa.

I agree with you regarding 'shouty' presenters, very offputting. I have seen a few of the Barefoot Contessa's programmes and am appalled by the amount of salt she adds to her food, then again a lot of American shows I have seen involve adding a lot of salt. I cannot stand to see men or women take part in an eating challenge, it is gross and an appalling waste of food.

I don't watch a lot of cooking shows but I do watch Pioneer Woman on Saturday mornings. I really like the ideas that she comes up with.
I have made quite a few things that I have seen on her show. I don't watch much cooking shows but I do enjoy the food shows like, "You
Gotta Eat Here", "Diners and Drive-ins", etc.

Valerie Bertinelli had a nice take on Kale chips on there. I like her new show. I will defintely make them that way the next time I make Kale chips. ALthought the cost of kale in the local store has gotten quite ridculous but I think I know where I can get it for less.

Valerie Bertinelli had a nice take on Kale chips on there. I like her new show. I will defintely make them that way the next time I make Kale chips. Althought the cost of kale in the local store has gotten quite ridculous but I think I know where I can get it for less.
That's interesting. I looked up the recipe as I've never heard of these. Kale is very cheap here. This seems like a very low cal snack (something which always appeals to me). But the pictures look like burnt kale! I'm assuming that it doesn't taste burnt, though?

I have to confess to currently watching the Great British Bake off. The first one I caught was the actual bread making comp and I got that part way through. I used the BBC iPlayer to catch up on the other episodes and really enjoyed them. Not shouty but not off putting either and the recipes get posted up online as well. I have taken the decision to watch the rest of the series just out of nterets fo rthe recipes and ideas, not the actual competition side of things!

I have to confess to currently watching the Great British Bake off. The first one I caught was the actual bread making comp and I got that part way through. I used the BBC iPlayer to catch up on the other episodes and really enjoyed them. Not shouty but not off putting either and the recipes get posted up online as well. I have taken the decision to watch the rest of the series just out of nterets fo rthe recipes and ideas, not the actual competition side of things!

I don't mind watching it now and again but it can get very samey, although I do have respect for the public who put themselves out there to compete :okay:

I don't mind watching it now and again but it can get very samey, although I do have respect for the public who put themselves out there to compete :okay:
I've never watched any of them before, so this series which I got at bread and my interest in bread has me curious, but it is very much samey I guess. However I have a lot of time on my hands so can watch these things and do other things at the same time so it does not really bother me luckily! :D

Back
Top Bottom