Food Preparation Dishes

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
8:20 PM
When setting up to prepare a meal, there are many kitchen utensils, pots, pans, bowls and other things that come into play.

Here, to help organize spices, herbs, seasonings and other ingredients, I bought eight small seasoning dishes.

full.jpg

These are small diameter dishes and are very shallow.

Cutting boards can be plastic, hard wood or bamboo. And they may come in various sizes.

full.jpg

Some cutting boards may even be used to serve food.

I have four of each of these:

The largest, back left, holds 10oz, the one next to it is 6oz, the others, I don't really know, probably 1/4 cup, 1/8 cup, and the metal ones are meant for condiments, but work great for herbs and spices.

I have five cutting boards.

I use this one for the occasional veg, cheese, but mainly for cooked meats:

This is my main veg board. I use the other side for doughs:

This one is mainly for slicing breads:

This one for raw meat:

And this little guy is supposed to be used at the bar with citrus, etc. Rarely gets used:

Last edited:
I have five cutting boards.

I use this one for the occasional veg, cheese, but mainly for cooked meats:
View attachment 65767

View attachment 65768

This is my main veg board. I use the other side for doughs:
View attachment 65769

This one is mainly for slicing breads:
View attachment 65770

This one for raw meat:
View attachment 65772

And this little guy is supposed to be used at the bar with citrus, etc. Rarely gets used:
View attachment 65771

Love the beer mat, my son claimed all mine for his bar he set up in his garage in his last place.

Russ

I have four of each of these:
View attachment 65766

The largest, back left, holds 10oz, the one next to it is 6oz, the others, I don't really know, probably 1/4 cup, 1/8 cup, and the metal ones are meant for condiments, but work great for herbs and spices.

I have 6 of those larger glass bowls (exactly like those). I have white, hard plastic versions of your smaller glass bowls. I use Gladware plastic containers for larger quantities of ingredients.

I am a fanatic about mise en place. If I try to "multitask" while I'm cooking, I will miss something (or burn something).

I have a bunch of plastic cutting boards that are dishwasher safe, so I can use fresh boards when I move from meat to veggies, and the dirty boards go straight to the dishwasher.

CD

Back
Top Bottom