Food Safety, What Do You Know?

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
2:32 AM
What Do You Know.png
Give your score as 6/12, six out of twelve or just six.

How can we give our scores, if we don't know the answer? We can out down what we think, but not a score.

Lots of my answers are 'it depends' or 'sometimes'. And I don't know what the five second rule is! So-oo....

Oh my days !,the food safety agency ,and do we wash chickens again,
Every question could evolve a thread in its self ,I can see the questioning involved in every bullet point ,and it's some of the questions that are discussed with eho's to ensure your understanding of food hygiene

1. It might not be
  2. True.
  3. Might be partially true!
  4. Had to look this up as I'd never heard of it. False.
  5. The jury's out on that one. It can be argued either way but on balance, a plastic board if regularly cleaned is probably better.
  6. True
  7. False
  8. False
  9. Depends. In most cases people recover without treatment in a few days. More risky for very young, elderly etc.
  10. Depends on whether the steak is free of bacteria to start with.
  11. False
  12. It depends which food you compare it to and how its stored. It must not be left at room temperature and should be stored in fridge. Most advice says don't store more than a day.

Last edited:
Me too! Which makes me think they should ALL be 'false'.

Whose questions are these anyway? As always, c33 manages to come up with something debatable!!!
When do we see 'answers'?
Answer to your question has been given before you asked it. Handy that.

Answers go up on Friday

Last edited:
We normally use our taste for checking if the food is cooked already. Sometimes we use the timer but most often we taste it especially if the dish has sauce like a stew. With the washing of meat, particularly chicken, it is imperative to wash whatever you buy because you don't know how it was handled in the market. There are some health buffs who say you need not wash green leafy vegetables, huh, no way. I would wash everything and anything that came from the market, just for insurance.

Back
Top Bottom