Food Safety, What Do You Know?

@Shadow, The Answers
Answers.png

Umm, interesting. Which section of the UK's health police did this come from @classic33 ?

Q6: I think the key word here is 'need'. It may not be necessary to wash chicken but seems sensible to me. Just taking a chicken and bunging it in the oven/pot would not be pleasant. Washing helps remove all the extraneous blood, gore and other bits often found in a chicken. No doubt being vegetarian here would help immensely.
Q10: what do the health police think of steak tartare then, I wonder?
Q12: so leftover rice eaten 24 hours and 60 seconds later is unsafe but safe after 24 hours? And all un-reheated leftovers are unsafe? Steps too far in my opinion.

Umm, interesting. Which section of the UK's health police did this come from @classic33 ?

Q6: I think the key word here is 'need'. It may not be necessary to wash chicken but seems sensible to me. Just taking a chicken and bunging it in the oven/pot would not be pleasant. Washing helps remove all the extraneous blood, gore and other bits often found in a chicken. No doubt being vegetarian here would help immensely.
Q10: what do the health police think of steak tartare then, I wonder?
Q12: so leftover rice eaten 24 hours and 60 seconds later is unsafe but safe after 24 hours? And all un-reheated leftovers are unsafe? Steps too far in my opinion.
Check the bottom Right-hand corner for where it came from.

Check the bottom Right-hand corner for where it came from.
I noticed the 'Crown Copyright' and thought the rest was just a code, it did not register. FSA = financial services authority!? Its just come to me - Food Standards Agency. What an eejit.
Think I might take this up with our EHO when he next visits!!

I noticed the 'Crown Copyright' and thought the rest was just a code, it did not register. FSA = financial services authority!? Its just come to me - Food Standards Agency. What an eejit.
Think I might take this up with our EHO when he next visits!!
Answer to that question had already been given
Oh my days !,the food safety agency ,and do we wash chickens again,
Every question could evolve a thread in its self ,I can see the questioning involved in every bullet point ,and it's some of the questions that are discussed with eho's to ensure your understanding of food hygiene

when i read the initial questions i could tell from the way the questions are worded ,what the answer would flag up,
but still it is only advice and works on averages when the fsa gives advice ,with burgers if you eat a medium rare burger it won't kill yo but it is a risk but its understanding the risk of re formed meats,
washing chickens ,its your own choice ,and if you understand the dangers ,then its up to you ,
i use high risk plastic boards ,but i have to show due dilligence and evidence if cross contamination is ever detected,but wood is great
years ago a large hotel company removed all food slicers as there was to many cases of getting fines from the eho for dirty equipment ,and so was a lot of other equipment.rightly or wrongly ,also the ability to make ice creams and terrines,cases of poor food hygiene were reported,so their advice is don't make,my professional advice is complete a dish risk assessment ,clean equipment ,good hygiene the ability to understand the pit falls,critical control points,temp checks etc

Back
Top Bottom