food snobs

grumpyoldman

Local time
5:33 PM
my son and daughter in law are coming for a visit soon what bothers me is that they have become food snobs, for example they wont eat anywhere that doesn't cost $ 100.00 a plate or more, or eat anything doesn't have a fancy french name , needless to say i have told them when come they are on their own as far as eating

hell i have already told them the fanciest place i will go is "cracker barrel "
i would like to cook for them while they are here but i not going to ,i don't know how to cook for food snobs and i dang sure don't want to try , my granddaughter is coming a day later and i know she loves her grandpa's cooking

So what would they expect?
Maybe tell them you are not up to their standards, therefor they have to cook or organise the meal :wink:

Frankly, I find it offsides. If anyone makes an effort to cook and you are invited, better appreciate it.

So what would they expect?
Maybe tell them you are not up to their standards, therefor they have to cook or organise the meal :wink:

Frankly, I find it offsides. If anyone makes an effort to cook and you are invited, better appreciate it.

+1

from Dec 26 till Dec 30 ,
but thats ok we are just going to do what we normally do and they can eat at all those ovepriced joints they want . to me paying $65.00 for a steak doesn't make it taste a dang bit better than mine
so if they want to throw their money away its their business
i even offered to make the fried chicken that we are becoming quite well known for and i was informed that " oh no we don't eat fried food "
thats when i told them "well i guess that means you wont be eating here "

Last edited:
Are they staying with you in the same house? I’m wondering (and don’t shoot me) if perhaps you could let them cook for you? I know that involves allowing someone else to cook in your kitchen but it would smooth the divide and make for a happy start for 2024.

I’m also wondering if the bad feeling about their food snobbery spills into the visit it may make the daughter in law less willing to return? 🤔

no they are not staying here ,
they have rented a house about 70 miles from me for the week
my granddaughter is coming a day later and i think has planned on staying with them ,
they are making a mini vacation out of the trip ,
going for horse drawn sleigh rides , riding snowmobiles and what have you
where they live they don't get much snow
so its a chance for them to play in the snow and visit us in between

no they are not staying here ,
they have rented a house about 70 miles from me for the week
my granddaughter is coming a day later and i think has planned on staying with them ,
they are making a mini vacation out of the trip ,
going for horse drawn sleigh rides , riding snowmobiles and what have you
where they live they don't get much snow
so its a chance for them to play in the snow and visit us in between
Ah well that sound rather nice!

As an aside Palma de Mallorca (Spain) has just passed the banning of horse drawn carriages. Much of Spain is expected to follow suit.
They are being replaced with electric carriages.

IMG_1967.jpeg

i think they go to these fine dining joints just for the bragging rights
about the horse drawn carriages , from what i have been told here in Colorado the horses that pull them are treated better than most people

To be honest, for an occasion we like to splash out on something fancy however there is a lot to be said for sitting at a family table sharing a meal, there is more love than in a restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom