Foraged Sweet Chestnuts

Roast them on an open fire while Jack Frost nips at your nose.
And now I have an ear worm of I'm dreaming of a White Christmas.

How will you be celebrating Christmas this year? Are you a Christmas bunny, lots of decorations and big family get together or do you prefer to keep it low key?

How will you be celebrating Christmas this year? Are you a Christmas bunny, lots of decorations and big family get together or do you prefer to keep it low key?
We keep it low key because hubby is surrounded by Christmas from the first of November till Christmas.
Now when the family was all here in town, we would have dinner with them.

:o_o: a very mixed bag of weather. Thank you for that interesting info, I have learned something today. Texas doesn't get mentioned much so I suppose there is the misconception that all of Texas is hot all year round.
We got married in New Mexico. People have told us that we aren't actually married because New Mexico is another country. New Mexico is the state next to Texas.
Pretty much the only places in Texas that make the news are Houston (which is fairly warm year round) and Dallas-Fort Worth which rarely gets snow but does get ice in the winter.
It seems the rest of the state doesn't exist.

I also think you will have a lot of failures in there as well going by the photos. There are lots of empty shells where the chestnut had not developed (common in the UK) and I think you will find that most of the good ones have already been taken by squirrels. Usually you need bright green unopened outer shells and only the middle but will be viable unless it is a 2 but shell... Sorry
I did put some empty shells in the photo for aesthetic reasons... but we will see. I think you may be right.

There were several who got there before me and got all the best ones, I think! I only know this because I hadn't realised the tree was there until I noticed these women sitting on the ground underneath it a few days before. They were Asian women, perhaps from the Ghurka community here? I don't know - but they were picking through everything very meticulously. So, I expect I've just got the rejects!

We got married in New Mexico. People have told us that we aren't actually married because New Mexico is another country. New Mexico is the state next to Texas.
Pretty much the only places in Texas that make the news are Houston (which is fairly warm year round) and Dallas-Fort Worth which rarely gets snow but does get ice in the winter.
It seems the rest of the state doesn't exist.

With regards to the news we get over here that pretty much sums it up, I have heard of Houston but not much else. Maybe that is a good thing as we generally only get bad news so perhaps Texas is ok :okay:

With regards to the news we get over here that pretty much sums it up, I have heard of Houston but not much else. Maybe that is a good thing as we generally only get bad news so perhaps Texas is ok :okay:
Most of us are actually very nice people. We do have our share of whackos but they typically center around Waco. (Semi-joke) Houston tends to get the hurricanes. You will find mostly hard working people though don't expect to see many people outside in July unless it is early morning or at night.
While we do have a high melting point, 110F (43.3C) is a bit too hot.
If you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

Most of us are actually very nice people. We do have our share of whackos but they typically center around Waco. (Semi-joke) Houston tends to get the hurricanes. You will find mostly hard working people though don't expect to see many people outside in July unless it is early morning or at night.
While we do have a high melting point, 110F (43.3C) is a bit too hot.
If you ever have any questions feel free to ask.

Oh yes, I have heard of Waco. What does Texas have to offer with regards to visitors, museums, history etc..

Back
Top Bottom