Recipe Frapppaccino

LilAnn

Veteran
Local time
4:38 AM
a friend shared this recipe, and had to give it a try. I tweaked it just a little and it turned out PERFECT! It's tastes exactly like the frappucinos, but its a whole lot cheaper.

1 cup, double strong coffee (cold)
1 cup, milk
2 cups, crushed ice
3 tbl, sugar
3 tbl chocolate syrup

Blend and drink!

I use a little more choc syrup, but 3 tbl is a good starting point.

And here's my skinny vegan version minus the chocolate

200 ml Almond Milk. I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened. 28 calories
200 ml strong black cold coffee. Negligible calories
I.5 tsp (or to taste) of Truvia (plant extract sweetener) 0 calories
Crushed ice (I only put a small amount in mine) 0 calories

Blend and drink! Total 28 Kcal :D (if you add 3 tbl of choc syrup this will increase the calories by around 150!).

That sounds so good. I want to try it soon.

For anyone daunted by having to wash the blender afterwards, just put a little soap and warm water into the blender and turn it on, then rinse, and you're done. All clean.

And here's my skinny vegan version minus the chocolate

200 ml Almond Milk. I use Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened. 28 calories
200 ml strong black cold coffee. Negligible calories
I.5 tsp (or to taste) of Truvia (plant extract sweetener) 0 calories
Crushed ice (I only put a small amount in mine) 0 calories

Blend and drink! Total 28 Kcal :D (if you add 3 tbl of choc syrup this will increase the calories by around 150!).

Ooh this looks really good! I really like how there's a skinny vegan version of this. I'm a huge frap lover but I am aware of all the calories it has so I lessened my intake of it. Having a healthier version of this just makes me want to jump right in and make this right away! Thanks for this!

Ooh this looks really good! I really like how there's a skinny vegan version of this. I'm a huge frap lover but I am aware of all the calories it has so I lessened my intake of it. Having a healthier version of this just makes me want to jump right in and make this right away! Thanks for this!
Almond milk has been a revelation to me. I use it in tea and coffee and on cereal and save TONS of calories whilst increasing my calcium intake (good for bones). :D The difference in calories between almond milk and cow's milk is huge. For example 200ml (a glass) of almond milk is 28 Kcals. 200ml of whole milk is 136 Kcals, semi-skimmed 95Kcals and skimmed milk 70 Kcals. It does taste a bit different in tea and coffee but I actually prefer it to cow's milk on cereal. I use it in sauces too, in place of milk. Be sure to get the unsweetened one though, here in UK they do a sweetened one which is 48Kcals for 200ml.

If it tastes as good I'm sold! "Healthy" is a bad word around here. But I have gotten pretty good at keeping those things secret. I want to ask you, though... Yesterday I made the vanilla version (1cup ice cream with no choc syrup). Any suggestions on what I can put in the I e cream's place?

I found this http://www.somethingswanky.com/starbucks-vanilla-bean-frappuccino-dairy-free/ . It also uses almond milk (but one that'd flavoured with vanilla). If you can't get that one just use a bit more vanilla extract. Substitute Truvia or similar for the sugar. I Haven't personally tried this recipe though - let us know how it goes, if you do.
I intend to try it after I go to the grocery store tomorrow. I'll be home alone then so no one will see the healthy ingredients. Thank you for helping me out with that, and I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes!!

I intend to try it after I go to the grocery store tomorrow. I'll be home alone then so no one will see the healthy ingredients. Thank you for helping me out with that, and I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes!!
Hey! I've heard about people eating 'bad' foods in secret, but never healthy food! Why on earth would that need to be a secret? :scratchhead:

Hey! I've heard about people eating 'bad' foods in secret, but never healthy food! Why on earth would that need to be a secret? :scratchhead:
They assume healthy is going to taste like poo. There's no changing their minds.

Back
Top Bottom