Fridge freezer kaput!

Update, before spending 3 or 4K on a new unit, I got a guy out, he went through everything and said the freezer had way too much stuff in it. I have emptied some excess food into another freezer in the garage. Apparently there wasn't enough air circulating in the freezer. I will get a bill for a couple of hundy, cheaper than a few grand. He said freezer is only about 8 years old. It's worth keeping.

Lesson learnt.

Russ

Update, before spending 3 or 4K on a new unit, I got a guy out, he went through everything and said the freezer had way too much stuff in it. I have emptied some excess food into another freezer in the garage. Apparently there wasn't enough air circulating in the freezer. I will get a bill for a couple of hundy, cheaper than a few grand. He said freezer is only about 8 years old. It's worth keeping.

Lesson learnt.

Russ
Ya pack-rat! You made too much sauce the other day! :laugh:

Glad to hear it turned out to be something minor.

Attachments

• nozzle.jpg
    nozzle.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 180
The door doesn't seal all that well, it has to be firmly pushed shut. I would imagine it'll be the next appliance we replace, but not anytime soon.

Well, my last reply is FUBAR, so let's try again. :headshake:

Welcome to my world. With a side-by-side, you can wedge a ShopVac nozzle between the door handles to keep the doors closed.

nozzle.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom