The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
11:40 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
IMG_3218.jpeg

This is a simple recipe that I've used many times. I have a small deep fryer, which works very well in small batches (2 of those fillets at a time). This can certainly be done using a pot with oil, but you will need to monitor the temperature: 350°F (176°C) is needed to ensure that the inside gets cooked and the outside doesn't burn.

There are no specific measurements in the ingredient list...it's messy, but there's a lot of flexibility. The key here is to flatten the chicken breasts to a common thickness (1 inch or 25mm) so they cook fully and consistently.

NOTE: I also cut potatoes and fried them.

Ingredients
Chicken breast, trimmed of fat, skin, bones, and cartilidge
Chicken seasoning (whatever you like)
All purpose flour
Hot sauce
Salt
Pepper
Eggs

Directions

1. Get your aggressions out by pounding the chicken breasts to a common thickness (1 inch or 25mm). Make them thinner or thicker if you like, but they should be consistent. Cut the flattened chicken to whatever size you like. I cut each chicken breast into 2 or 3 fillets. Season both sides with chicken seasoning.

IMG_3215.jpeg

2. Fill 2 shallow pans with flour, and salt generously with salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly. Whisk eggs in a third pan along with water and hot sauce.

3. Dip a fillet in flour so there are no dry spots. Pat any excess off, then dip in the egg wash. Allow to drip dry, then dip in the second flour pan, ensuring there are no wet spots. Set aside, and repeat for remaining fillets. Retain any unused flour.

IMG_3216.jpeg

4. Once the deep fryer has reached 350°F (176°C), place fillets in the fryer basket on a single layer. NOTE: as fillets sit in preparation for frying, the flour may start to get sticky. If needed, reapply flour to remove any wet spots. Fry fillets until they are a golden brown. Place on a drying rack or paper towels to remove exess oil, and serve while hot.

IMG_3217.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom