From my garden :D

2021-01-12 12.10.20.jpg

2021-01-12 12.11.08.jpg

Here are 2 more photos. Do you know what these are? :)

Correct. It's cinnamon. The real one.

How long would it be before it becomes woody enough to harvest the bark from it?

I bought some Sri Lankan 'true' cinnamon the other day and haven't tried it yet. I'm looking forward to tasting the difference. It was only very recently that I read that all these years I haven't (probably) been using the real thing.

How long would it be before it becomes woody enough to harvest the bark from it?

I bought some Sri Lankan 'true' cinnamon the other day and haven't tried it yet. I'm looking forward to tasting the difference. It was only very recently that I read that all these years I haven't (probably) been using the real thing.
Usually it takes around 3 years to start harvesting. But when the tree is big enough you can harvest twice a year. The bark of the young trees is green in colour and when it turns brown it's ready for cutting. (It's raining now. I'll post a photo in a few minutes when the rain ceases).
Pure Sri Lanka cinnamon has a smooth yet strong flavour but some sellers mix the wild cinnamon and that lowers the quality.

2021-01-13 12.25.05.jpg

This is a cinnamon plant. The left branch is old enough to be cut while the right hand side is still green and not ready.

Back
Top Bottom