The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
12:30 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
D2D68484-27BF-4FDE-8396-642221FC0319.jpeg

I bought a six pack of each of these over the weekend. Don’t they look delicious? I was imagining an explosion of fruit flavor, just like the actual in season blueberries and watermelon. Instead, as usually happens, it was not quite that.

The blueberry tasted like they might have floated some blueberries in the water before they strained them out and filled the can. The watermelon was even worse: they might have had a watermelon in front of the cans when they were being filled, but that’s the closest they get to having a watermelon flavor.

How is it but there are so many of these on the market? How many people actually enjoy just the slightest hint of a flavor in what’s otherwise just soda water with some coloring?

But, maybe I am just not trying the right brands. If anybody has suggestions for fruit flavored water that actually taste like fruit, please post them here.

I have found the same thing with all the new "seltzers" taking over the store shelves. They taste like Club Soda with a few drops of fruit flavoring.

CD

There is only one flavoured water I like so far, local mint+lime, it is wonderful in summer, cold.
The others are meh.
Always prefer plain water or fresh squeezed juice or just fruit.
I am trying to reduce the bottled water consumption, so we have cool Tupperware bottles to carry our own water.
It does not work 100%, but am happy with 85%.

I dislike the fake lemon, fake tropical, fake orange, fake everything flavours...

The Late Night Gourmet, I didn't read all the responses on this topic so this may be a repeat. I think the "point" of the subtle flavor is for people that won't drink regular water. I like plain bottled water (our tap water is gross) but my caregiver hates plain water so she buys Hint. From what she says, all of them just have that aftertaste effect. However, of all the ones she's tried, she's liked Hint the best.

Fruit-Infused Flavored Water and Sun and Body Items by Hint

Back
Top Bottom