Fruits From Around The World

I thought it would be good to have it in the forum's recipe repository (gosh, I love that tongue-twisting phrase) - and also perhaps to compare with @Herbie 's version of the syrup (and your version of Pontack sauce) - apart from winemaking, we'd have covered all the culinary applications for elderberries (probably).

To be honest the recipe isn't exactly mine. What I no doubt did was trawl internet recipes for Pontack and come up with an amalgam of the quantities and ingredients they listed. For very simple generic recipes (which Pontack is) there is little point in citing the source because they are probably not the author's own recipe in the first place! Take 'apple pie' for example - it has such a generic list of ingredients that all recipes are going to look very similar - so unless its and apple pie with some radical twist to it then citing the source is not really important unless you want to pay homage to the author (your grandma for example!).

Regarding Reader's Digest - just say - this recipe appeared in the Readers Digest (month, year) as a footnote. That will be fine. :okay:

I make syrup with elderberries and use it to add to apple for a pie/cobbler/crumble. I also add it to a venison stew.

@Herbie - I've just posted a Reader's Digest recipe for elderberry syrup. Maybe you'd like to add your own to that thread as a comparison?

Back
Top Bottom