Recipe Ginger-Lemon Flavoured Baked Scallops

MypinchofItaly

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:38 PM
Website
mypinchofitaly.co.uk

Serves 4, Preparation 10 minutes, Cooking 15 minutes

• 12 scallops (at least n° 3 per person)
  • A bunch of fresh parsley
  • Fresh ginger or the dry one, half teaspoon
  • Breadcrumbs, about 50 g
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
Method

Preheat the oven to 180 C.

Rinse the scallops and gently remove them from their shells, drying them a little with kitchen paper.

Wash, dry and chop parsley.

Grate both lemon zest and ginger, set aside.

In a bowl add breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper, grated lemon zest and ginger, oil, a little and mix. Set aside a bit of grated lemon zest for garnishing.

Tip: don’t overdo with ginger, use just a pinch of it otherwise you’ll risk that it will overwhelm scallops’ flavour.

Fill each scallop with the mixture by pressing it well to them with your fingers, a drizzle of oil on top before baking and in the oven for 10 minutes to 180 C.

Wow! I always marvel at how Italians seem to have nailed the art of making fabulous dishes using only a handful of simple ingredients whilst the rest of the world is chasing its tail trying to make things unnecessarily complicated. May I please borrow this recipe for lunch today?

Wow! I always marvel at how Italians seem to have nailed the art of making fabulous dishes using only a handful of simple ingredients whilst the rest of the world is chasing its tail trying to make things unnecessarily complicated. May I please borrow this recipe for lunch today?

Thank you 😊

Basically Italian cuisine is simple, not too much ingredients but only the right ones to enrich taste and not to cover it.. my heart cries every time I see kilos of useless tomato sauce or cheese on Italian dishes..

Sure! You can borrow this recipe, but can you take me back the shells? 😁

Back
Top Bottom