Glass Top Stove?

bfiles

Veteran
Local time
12:30 AM
Howdy folks. We have always done a lot of canning at my house but we recently got a glass topped stove. Nearly everyone, including the manufacturer, says that canning is a no-no but of course, there are a few folks who report having canned on their solid top stoves with no trouble. Any thoughts or experience with this? What else are you using for heat if not your stove? If I'm not canning hundreds of batches all day long, can the stove take the heat?

I have not experience caning with one of those glass-topped stove, only experience scratching one accidentally when I thought to help a friend of mine to clean hers :oops:

However I have done some canning using an electric portable stove, and having good results.

I think success depends much on what is the food you are processing and the cooking times required.

I have a glass top stove and enjoy canning as well. However, I mostly can corn and tomato juice. The time required for these two items is not too long, depending on how much I have to can. I can say I have used the stove for several hours without a problem. (about 4 at a time). I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom