God I'm thick....

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:26 AM
I've been omitting kaffir lime leaves from most of my curries, I was writing a list for my wife of a few things I need. She loves shopping,lol. I had kaffir leaves on the list. She just happened to ask me what the kaffir leaves are for and I said curries. She said you know we have a lime tree don't you?? I said yes, she said it's a kaffir lime tree!! I went out and grabbed a leaf and chewed on it, man it's beautiful. I never clicked that we had a tree. Wife planted it 4 years ago and I've only been getting 1 a year, there's now about 10 on it.
BONUS.....ding ding. Man I'm happy.

It's a good day in my house!!

Russ

I've been omitting kaffir lime leaves from most of my curries, I was writing a list for my wife of a few things I need. She loves shopping,lol. I had kaffir leaves on the list. She just happened to ask me what the kaffir leaves are for and I said curries. She said you know we have a lime tree don't you?? I said yes, she said it's a kaffir lime tree!! I went out and grabbed a leaf and chewed on it, man it's beautiful. I never clicked that we had a tree. Wife planted it 4 years ago and I've only been getting 1 a year, there's now about 10 on it.
BONUS.....ding ding. Man I'm happy.

It's a good day in my house!!

Russ

Happy days! How lucky you are. Kaffir lime leaves are wonderful. I wouldn't add them to all curry though. They are particularly good with fish curry or prawn curry. Also - try adding one or two to the rice when its cooking - delicious perfumed rice.

You grabbed A leaf? Kaffir lime leaves come in pairs and the limes themselves are too bitter for consumption. I've got to get another Australian finger lime tree.

Kaffir limes are very distinctive in appearance, all knobby and nubbly, nearly impossible to zest, besides the juice being extremely bitter as Craig noted.

Happy days! How lucky you are. Kaffir lime leaves are wonderful. I wouldn't add them to all curry though. They are particularly good with fish curry or prawn curry. Also - try adding one or two to the rice when its cooking - delicious perfumed rice.

Yeah only where recipe says it. :)

Russ

I had kaffir leaves on the list. She just happened to ask me what the kaffir leaves are for and I said curries. She said you know we have a lime tree don't you?? I said yes, she said it's a kaffir lime tree!!
I see that your wife does what my wife does: points out the things that are obvious, but that I'm too thick to see myself. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom