Going to the Chapel and We're Gonna Get Married......

Thank you all for your good wishes.
Two weeks ago Middle Sister went shopping with me for a dress and foundation garments. OMG! Good thing she was there. I would have quit and gone home after the first bra fitting.
This is the dress
Calvin Klein Scuba Crepe Boat Neck 3/4 Sleeve Popover Dress | Dillard's
That is a tall model. It hits my short, fat self just above the knee. We call that color Begnaud Blue. All of the women in my family look wonderful in this color.
Last Monday Middle Sister and Baby Sister took me shopping for general clothes. I have gained 20+ lbs in the last two years. I have NOTHING that fits me. I am wearing a couple of pairs of stretch jeans that are stretched to the max and a couple of T-shirt tops. That's it. I hate to shop. Having my Sisters there was a boom. I was in the dressing room and they brought clothes in for me to try. Again, had they not been there I would have bailed after a couple of no fits.
I do love my Sisters.
I absolutely hate to shop for clothes. I have had to re envision myself and accept that I can no longer wear the styles that I once wore. 😞
Guys you may not appreciate how difficult that is. Women will know what I am talking about. Six years ago I wore a size 8. Three years ago I wore a size 10. My dress is a 14. The clothes I purchased Monday were 12 & 14.
Tomorrow I will get out marriage licence. George has to go a jewelry store to get fitted for a ring. I have to pick out a wedding band. I have shoes but need jewelry for my dress.
George appears to others as a stoic, bear of a man. He is a bear - a teddy bear. He called me yesterday and said "Siri could not find Elizabeth Beridon in my contact list". Yes I will change my name to Beridon. Good thing I do not need to change my login name.
I looked at a list of things that I need to change my name on. OMG!!! A page long. It will take months to accomplish!
Do I sound excited? I am. So is George. 12 days and counting.
I am getting a little frantic because I also have cooking to do for Christmas. IDC. I am good. It will all get done. I am in hyper mode. :hyper:

This is the dress
Calvin Klein Scuba Crepe Boat Neck 3/4 Sleeve Popover Dress | Dillard's
That is a tall model. It hits my short, fat self just above the knee. We call that color Begnaud Blue. All of the women in my family look wonderful in this color.
What a gorgeous dress....I'm sure you'll look absolutely fab on your special day :love: We all have our shopping challenges (I hate clothes shopping too..different reasons, but the same feelings) but if the end result is worth it then that's all that matters.

My bestest (I know that's not a proper word lol) wishes for you both....may you both have a fab day that you remember with smiles on your faces and love in your hearts.

You read correctly.
We have been together for 30 years. We refer to each other as husband and wife. We never had our union formalized.
We will be married in a private ceremony on Monday, Dec. 27th. at Louisiana Cajun Mansion.
Check out the web site. www.louisianacajunmansion.com
It is a private home, beautiful, elegant and romantic. They offer multiple wedding packages. We opted for the Swept Away Elopement Package. We will be married in the Great Room.
There are three suites. We will stay in the Atchafalaya Suite. The event planner offered early check in so we can dress there. We will have a small Cheese and Charcuterie Board and a small sandwich tray with wine to nibble on while we dress.
I wanted to schedule a private dinner for two. Unfortunately the Chef, who is a private Chef, is booked through the end of the year. Not a problem. We will go out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. When we return to the suite we will have champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.
A full breakfast the morning after.
I have upgraded the package to include photography. I will share photos with you.
In the spring - late March or April we will have a party!! A catered crawfish boil for family and friends. D.J., wine and beer, dancing and fun. Now I have to find a venue. Both of my sisters offered to host. Not what I want. I do not want my family to work at set up and clean up. I want them to party down. I started an invitation list - I am at 62 guest. There are a few who will not be able to attend for health reasons. Other than that most will attend.
This old woman is as giddy as a first time bride. My old Bear is excited in sweet, subdued way. He was telling his friends before I told my family. He has been on line looking at possible venues. He has not asked a single question about cost. "Whatever you want."
So Yes - WE ARE GETTING MARRIED!!!!!

That's a gorgeous property ElizabethB !!
When you say a private ceremony, do you mean that it will be only the two of you?
I look forward to seeing your photos.

Back
Top Bottom