Good Things About Caffeine

zararian

Veteran
Local time
10:24 PM
Caffeine content serves as a natural pesticide that kills certain insects or parasites in plants. The sources of caffeine for humans are the leaves of the tea bush, kola nuts, yerba mate, guarana berries, and coffee beans from the coffee plant.

The caffeine is a stimulant in central nervous system of humans. It can ward off temporarily the drowsiness and will eventually restore alertness of the mind. Those beverages hat contains caffeine are getting so popular around the world. It is because caffeine is generally categorized as a safe food substance, the benefits of caffeine are spread worldwide.

Yeah, I have heard a lot of good things about caffeine. It contains a significant amount of antioxidants which eliminate free radicals which cause aging, cancer and further and speed up the development of the genetic diseases. It also temporarily raises the level of someone's alertness and thinking prowess. Somehow, it makes one smarter. It is also proven to be an effective fat burner. It is said also that it can reduce the risk of Type II Diabetes. Of course, its maximum benefits could only be attained with the right amount of intake of it as anything too much is always bad.

Caffeine can be beneficial, but moderation is important. I drink one or two cups of black coffee on a daily basis. I take medication that makes me drowsy so I really need that extra boost to function efficiently. Furthermore, I have read some articles claiming coffee can help alleviate depression, at least briefly. It makes sense on some level, because it does help create more alertness and gives you some energy. When you are in a state of depression those are not easy feats, so any aid that can help you function a bit more is beneficial. However, caffeine can also worsen anxiety. It is also very addictive. But I think the evidence supporting caffeine is more compelling than the negatives.

Caffeine does have benefits and like Monique S mentioned moderation is the key. Its a very powerful drug and that is a fact that most people don't realize.

Like the other posters above, I believe there are great benefits to caffeine but you don't need to go nuts with it. Many people drink cup after cup coffee not realizing that one or two cups would suffice just fine. Its just a matter of giving the caffeine time to actually kick in.

I like caffeine because it helps me be alert when I wake up in the morning, but with everything I think it should be consumed in moderation. I get all of my caffeine from black tea but have friends who will drink is excess of 5 Starbucks espresso shots on ice, I just don't see how that is a good thing.

I have heard of the benefits of caffeine, but there are also negatives. A little is better than too much. It does help with alertness, but I find that if I drink too much it results in tiredness the day after. So, there is a boost of alertness at first, and then the tiredness follows hours afterwards. At least, this is what I have found. Also, caffeine is known to raise blood pressure in persons who suffer with hypertension. It can also cause anxiety and heart palpitations. So, moderation is the key. My caffeine intake comes from tea rather than coffee; I am not a coffee drinker. I don't know which contains the most caffeine, but I believe the coffee does. I would also drink coke or pepsi which also contain caffeine, but I seldom drink these. So the benefits and risks may be half and half.

Back
Top Bottom