Gordon Ramsay

karadekoolaid

Legendary Member
Local time
12:56 PM
[Mod.Edit: off topic posts moved from another thread ro form a new topic (MG)]

exact same feeling I had about the hairy bikers.
Don't like them at all. But then, I'm a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay and many people despise him. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of Ramsay. Met him once, which doesn't mean much but I found him arrogant.
That shouty bullying style of head chef isn't my cup of tea. Even if it's just for the camera it's no way for a role model to behave.

Then after annoying his Cornish neighbours by moving to his family to their home there whilst in lockdown he then a year later went on a radio programme and said "I absolutely love Cornwall, it's just the just the Cornish I can't stand"
What a nob.

I also went to London to attend his alternative Christmas dinner cooking demonstration and it was dire, he clearly had no idea what his team had chucked together at the last minute and gave no insight or instruction. He seemed surprised by the dishes he was supposed to be suggesting and did no actual cooking, just ad libbed the prepared dishes in front of him.

Paid decent money for that waste of time.

I've heard Gordon Ramsey is a nice guy in person, and his 💩 attitude on cooking shows was more for the camera. I don't know.

CD

I cant stand the way he talks to people.

Russ
There you go. spread your empire too thin and you can't exercise control.
Best Fish and Chips I ever had was cooked by a Lithuanian in South East England! Everything was spot on.

Best fish n chips in my life a chippy near a bridge between wells next the sea and Edinburgh. Real close to Edinburgh.

Russ

I also went to London to attend his alternative Christmas dinner cooking demonstration and it was dire, he clearly had no idea what his team had chucked together at the last minute and gave no insight or instruction. He seemed surprised by the dishes he was supposed to be suggesting and did no actual cooking, just ad libbed the prepared dishes in front of him.

Paid decent money for that waste of time.

Gordon recently got a Guinness Book world record for the biggest Beef Wellington in the world. He didn't cook any of it. Not one gram of it. Four Americans did it all, and he took the credit for it. Oh, he did make a gravy... for himself.

1689226272364.png

And the four Americans who did ALL the work...

Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 12.26.26 AM.png

CD

Last edited:
Gordon recently got a Guinness Book world record for the biggest Beef Wellington in the world. He didn't cook any of it. Not one gram of it. Four Americans did it all, and he took the credit for it. Oh, he did make a gravy... for himself.

View attachment 102426

And the four Americans who did ALL the work...

View attachment 102425

CD
Quelle surprise.

From a much longer essay from Jacques Pepin on “reality cooking:”

The so-called "reality" cooking shows are, if anything, totally unreal. A real, well-run professional kitchen has dignity and order. If cameras went into Thomas Keller's Per Se in New York, Alice Waters' Chez Panisse in Berkeley, or Grant Achatz's Alinea in Chicago, they would see a kitchen that is well organized, with a contented, dedicated, hard-working staff. The cruel rivalry and conflict depicted in Hell's Kitchen may be good for ratings, but it is unjust to dedicated cooks and unfair to the trade. In my opinion, nothing good enough to eat can be concocted under such conditions. I'm going back to my mother's leek and potato soup and apple galette.

I think that qualifies as a “mic drop” moment.

Read More: How

I will never forget GR calling women "fat cows" in an early ish Hell's Kitchen.

JP used to judge on Top Chef from time to time, don't know about any other reality show. Even his critiques were politely worded, constructive, and he also seemed to always find something to praise about each dish.

I will never forget GR calling women "fat cows" in an early ish Hell's Kitchen.

JP used to judge on Top Chef from time to time, don't know about any other reality show. Even his critiques were politely worded, constructive, and he also seemed to always find something to praise about each dish.
GR is crass, JP is class.

Back
Top Bottom