Gordon Ramsay

I cant stand the way he talks to people.

Russ

Best fish n chips in my life a chippy near a bridge between wells next the sea and Edinburgh. Real close to Edinburgh.

Russ
Not having eaten fish and chips during my short visit to the UK I would say he best fish and chips I've had came from my own kitchen.

Ramsay's attitude and profanity make me cringe. His Beef Wellington recipe is my go-to recipe.
I have one of his recipes in my normal rotation. It is a rice based one pot meal with sofrito and Italian sausage with wine and paprika. It appears on our table at least once per month. I can't remember ever watching him on TV. But that recipe is quite good.

That's his TV persona. From what I've heard (from those who work with him), he's very patient in the kitchen, but a stickler for perfection. He'll go through a recipe 4 or 5 times with a cook in his kitchen, apparently.
But who knows?
He's different with the home cooks in MasterChef than with professional cooks on shows like Hell's Kitchen and refurbished restaurant shows. He'll get a little short with the home cooks toward the end of the season, but considering they are usually dumb mistakes at that point, then... I'd get a bit short too. He's definitely different with the kid's shows he runs.

He's also mellowed from the beginning shows of Hell's Kitchen. His behavior and the way he spoke to people was waayyy out of line early on.

And let's not forget about Joe Bastianich. He doesn't yell, but some of the things he says are extremely cutting and just downright rude to home cooks. You might not like someone's food, but you don't have to be horribly brutal about it.

He's different with the home cooks in MasterChef than with professional cooks on shows like Hell's Kitchen and refurbished restaurant shows. He'll get a little short with the home cooks toward the end of the season, but considering they are usually dumb mistakes at that point, then... I'd get a bit short too. He's definitely different with the kid's shows he runs.

He's also mellowed from the beginning shows of Hell's Kitchen. His behavior and the way he spoke to people was waayyy out of line early on.

And let's not forget about Joe Bastianich. He doesn't yell, but some of the things he says are extremely cutting and just downright rude to home cooks. You might not like someone's food, but you don't have to be horribly brutal about it.
I think in Hell's Kitchen that's just his show persona and he's probably directed to act like that. We have a portuguese version of Hell's Kitchen with a portuguese chef and he acts just like that too. I think it's just part of the show's concept.

I think in Hell's Kitchen that's just his show persona and he's probably directed to act like that. We have a portuguese version of Hell's Kitchen with a portuguese chef and he acts just like that too. I think it's just part of the show's concept.
Sounds like I didn't miss much by not watching him.

Back
Top Bottom