Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

Yes, and he can definitely be an a$$, very cutting and nasty, not like his mother at all. She always has something nice to say, even when criticizing, as a judge. Just like Jacques and Wolfgang.
I like watching her shows, just because I like her, but I've made maybe a dozen of her recipes, none of them were difficult at all, and they were all pretty bad-tasting to me. But I still like her. :laugh:

Can't stand Ramsay. Won't watch him. Last complaint I made was a Chinese joint where I ordered chicken dish, when they bought it out the meat looked like beef, I said to the waiter that looks like beef, he went away and the chef came back and when I said it looks like beef, he then.......
Wait for it.......
Picked a piece of meat up in his hands and lifted it up and looked at it, and said its chicken and put it back on my plate. We walked out without paying for entrees.

Russ

Can't stand Ramsay. Won't watch him. Last complaint I made was a Chinese joint where I ordered chicken dish, when they bought it out the meat looked like beef, I said to the waiter that looks like beef, he went away and the chef came back and when I said it looks like beef, he then.......
Wait for it.......
Picked a piece of meat up in his hands and lifted it up and looked at it, and said its chicken and put it back on my plate. We walked out without paying for entrees.

Russ
Twice we've had something similar happen.

Once was in the restaurant of an historic old river hotel, fairly tiny place, and my wife ordered some kind of pasta, and the sauce was very thin and watery. She had me taste it, and she said, "This tastes soapy to me, like dishwater," and I agreed.

She also doesn't like to send something back, because having worked years in food service, she also knows what happens to complainers' food in the kitchen, but this was inedible.

When the waitress came back, MrsT apologized, gave her a "I'm sure it's me" line, and asked about ordering something else.

Waitress leaned down, picked up my wife's spoon, got some of the sauce, ate it, and said, "Yeah, you're right. There's something wrong with that!"

Second, very similar story, our favorite Italian place here, no longer open. The food was average, but the atmosphere was wonderful, right out of the 1940's, piano in the bar, bartender was an old woman about 96yo and took crap from no one, very traditional Italian-American menu.

We ordered drinks and MrsT's whiskey sour tasted funny, so she told the waitress, who took it out of my wife's hand, slugged back a huge swallow, shrugged her shoulders and said she'd get her another one. :laugh:

Twice we've had something similar happen.

Once was in the restaurant of an historic old river hotel, fairly tiny place, and my wife ordered some kind of pasta, and the sauce was very thin and watery. She had me taste it, and she said, "This tastes soapy to me, like dishwater," and I agreed.

She also doesn't like to send something back, because having worked years in food service, she also knows what happens to complainers' food in the kitchen, but this was inedible.

When the waitress came back, MrsT apologized, gave her a "I'm sure it's me" line, and asked about ordering something else.

Waitress leaned down, picked up my wife's spoon, got some of the sauce, ate it, and said, "Yeah, you're right. There's something wrong with that!"

Second, very similar story, our favorite Italian place here, no longer open. The food was average, but the atmosphere was wonderful, right out of the 1940's, piano in the bar, bartender was an old woman about 96yo and took crap from no one, very traditional Italian-American menu.

We ordered drinks and MrsT's whiskey sour tasted funny, so she told the waitress, who took it out of my wife's hand, slugged back a huge swallow, shrugged her shoulders and said she'd get her another one. :laugh:

I hate complaining as well, that time I mentioned was about 10 years ago, I can't think of any other time I complained. Our friends (2 ladies) from dinner club get my nerves when they look at menus for 15 mins, then waiter/ waitress comes back , we all order in 15 seconds, and these two take forever and will,ask maybe 4 or 5 questions, last dinner club waiter had to go ask chef twice. My wife knows it frustrates me to hell, she normally winds me up by tapping my leg under the table.
:) :)

Russ

Oh, rascal 's story reminded me of the time we were in Italy and craig ordered a veal dish. It came, he took a bite, scraped off the sauce and said this is pork. Called waiter over, told him this is pork, not veal. Waiter didn't even really look at the plate, but insisted and actually started arguing with Craig that it was pork. We got up and went elsewhere.

I hate complaining as well, that time I mentioned was about 10 years ago, I can't think of any other time I complained. Our friends (2 ladies) from dinner club get my nerves when they look at menus for 15 mins, then waiter/ waitress comes back , we all order in 15 seconds, and these two take forever and will,ask maybe 4 or 5 questions, last dinner club waiter had to go ask chef twice. My wife knows it frustrates me to hell, she normally winds me up by tapping my leg under the table.
:) :)

Russ
What my wife does is answer yes when the waitperson says, "Do you need a minute?"

I hate that, because it means they're not coming back for another 20 minutes. 😠

What my wife does is answer yes when the waitperson says, "Do you need a minute?"

I guess it's the male gene, like hating shopping, women ( some ) take forever to order. To me it's simple, I normally look on line to see what I like. So I'm pretty much ready to order before I sit down, unless there's a specials board I may change my order.

Russ

Then there's our friend Denise and John. Denny wil ask John what are you having? She won't decide until John picked something so she can order what she wants but knowing she's going to get a big portion of her husbands meal. Then it's not uncommon for her to change the order 5 or 10 minutes later. It really bugs me but it shouldn't,lol.
She has staff under her and I know she makes decisions on the fly, but order a meal!!!!

Russ

Waitstaff tend to like to ask the women first what they want. If I don't know yet, I make them take other people's orders at the table, by which time I'll know. That way we don't have to wait 20 minutes before he or she returns.

I've also been known to check the website 's menu listing before I go. That way, like Rascal, I pretty much know what I want, unless there's that intriguing special.

Waitstaff tend to like to ask the women first what they want. If I don't know yet, I make them take other people's orders at the table, by which time I'll know. That way we don't have to wait 20 minutes before he or she returns.

I've also been known to check the website 's menu listing before I go. That way, like Rascal, I pretty much know what I want, unless there's that intriguing special.

Last Italian joint we went to had "specials" which was main with fries, I ordered and man were the fries something special, kinda empty snap on the bite, they were unbelievable. I got two others to try and they agreed. I havnt been able to replicate yet?
And then our last dinner club I had the same experience with the sweet tatter fries. I've replicated it once and I am about 8/10 and know how to make it a ten next time.
New experience is what I'm about,lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom