Granary Bread Recipe For Bread Machine

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
9:46 PM
Ok, posting this for a friend on another (non-cooking) forum:

"Bread making question for anyone who uses a breadmaker and has made a granary loaf in it.....

Any thoughts on what cycle should I use, wholemeal or a white bread cycle?

The recipe book that came with mine is a bit limited (basic loaf, french bread, wholemeal, then a couple on quick breads) and I can't find a breadmaker recipe that gives me a clue as to what cycle to use.

The nearest I've got is a recipe on the Kenwood site, but that just refers to cycle 3, which means nothing to me because I don't have a Kenwood. Cycle 3 on my machine is for wholemeal bread.

The flour is finely ground like white flour, but has the malty grains in it, so I'm guessing a basic loaf recipe would be close enough, but I'm just not sure."

She has an Andrew James model AJ000365.

I don't have a breadmaker, have never made a granary loaf, so the only help I could offer was to ask here.

Thanks in advance! :)

I'd use the wholemeal cycle. Granary is similar really. There isn't really much that could go wrong - if baking in the oven I don't treat them any differently -same temperature, time etc. The kneading should be about the same too. But I'm just saying what I would do!

Definitely wholemeal because it allows extra time for soaking liquid up to soften grains (in this case)

I think I remember reading about granary in my bread maker instructions.

Try these. Warning 80 pages but seems good.
Apologies trying to get to bed. It's late now (for me) and I'm up at 6am tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• bb380-1.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 551
Back
Top Bottom