Recipe Greek Salad Tapenade

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
11:07 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com

I like when I discover things as I go in a recipe. I had a theory on how this would work, and it generally came together as I hoped it would. The biggest surprise was that the (raw) onion mellowed as it settled with the other ingredients. The end result is like a Greek salad, providing you really like olives.

I should note that I made a conscious decision to exclude lettuce. While the green would have added color, it would have been a mush that didn’t add flavor. I might try this again with celery.

I was also overly concerned with the effect of the beets on the color. Unfortunately, I ran out of a batch I made previously, otherwise I would have added more. I have adjusted the quantity accordingly in the ingredients list. I might have added tomatoes if I had them.

Ingredients

2 cups black olives
2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
1/4 cup pickled beets, chopped
1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles

Directions

1. Add olives, onion, and beets to food processor. Pulse to combine, scraping down the sides as needed.

2. Add salad dressing. Process until fully integrated.

3. Add feta cheese crumbles. Pulse to combine, scraping down the sides as needed. Make sure to not process too much: bits of the cheese should be visible.

Back
Top Bottom