Recipe Green Olive Spaghetti Squash

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
10:05 PM
Green Olive Spaghetti Squash

INGREDIENTS

1 Spaghetti Squash
While the squash is cooking Mise en place. The sauce comes together quickly.

Left to right, back to front
2 TBSP cold butter cubed
1 TBSP EVOO
1 1/2 cups Castelvetrano Olives pitted and coarsely chopped (Castelvetrano was not available at the one stop I made so used plain green olives)
4 cloves garlic minced
Juice of medium lemon
1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
Salt
fresh ground pepper
Shaved Parmesan Reggiano
Missing from photo is 1 cup chicken broth

METHOD
Heat oven to 400 degrees F
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and brush with EVOO
Cut the squash in half length wise. Use a spoon to scrape out seeds and stringy fibers. Brush with EVOO, season with salt and pepper. Place on pan cut side down. Use a fork to randomly poke holes in the skin.
Bake on center rack until a fork easily pokes through the skin. Time depends on size of squash. My squash was 2.11 lbs. 35 minutes.
Remove from oven. When cool enough to handle use a fork to remove the "spaghetti" strands.
Heat butter and oil in a heavy saute pan or skillet over medium heat.
Add olives and garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant - 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add lemon juice. return to heat and add chicken broth and squash. Simmer, tossing and stirring until sauce thickens and squash is well coated. Add parsley and a generous pinch of pepper. Toss. Adjust seasoning. I did not need any additional salt.
Serve topped with shaved Parmesan.

I like the display of ingredients ElizabethB. I should make more effort to do that in my recipes. I like the use of green olives here with parmesan and parsley. An elegant simplicity.

Spaghetti squash used to be something I could find here - but I haven't seen it in several years. Have any other UK members found it available?

I like the display of ingredients ElizabethB. I should make more effort to do that in my recipes. I like the use of green olives here with parmesan and parsley. An elegant simplicity.

Spaghetti squash used to be something I could find here - but I haven't seen it in several years. Have any other UK members found it available?
Next time I will just make little pile of the goods on the cutting board instead of having to wash all of the ramekins
🙄

Back
Top Bottom