grill indoors

pieceofpeace

Local time
8:01 PM
Hi folks,
My family likes grilling and for this purpose we have Char-Broil Classic 405, it's quite satisfying and worth its cost. The only disadvantage is that there are some wide-known troubles of grilling outdoors in winter. Now we think about purchasing a tabletop grill for home use. If somebody faced with this kind of grills? It would be just great to hear from you. The most important question is what about the ceiling? I've heard that smoke spoils the ceiling, doesn't it?

I grill outdoors all year round, so I can't help with your question, but Welcome to CookingBites!

Thank you for the welcome! I realized, that grilling inside is dangerous. So I decided to buy an electrical grill. Charcoal grills are much better than their electrical brothers, but burning down the house is not a solution :D
Electrical grill masters are welcome here!

I've made research. Charcoal grills heat up to about 600F degrees (depends on charcoal). Electrical grills heat up to only 350-450F. I've put an eye on Tenergy Redigrill. The only thing that I worry about, is there a specific smell or taste when you grill due to electrical grill? I saw some feedbacks on Amazon describing that. How can that be..?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made research. Charcoal grills heat up to about 600F degrees (depends on charcoal). Electrical grills heat up to only 350-450F. I've put an eye on Tenergy Redigrill. The only thing that I worry about, is there a specific smell or taste when you grill due to electrical grill? I saw some feedbacks on Amazon describing that. How can that be..?

I've got no experience of using anything like this but I think this grill uses infrared heat. The advantage of that seems to be that it doesn't dry the food out as much as a gas grill. I think the disadvantage is going to be that you won't get a smokey barbecue flavour (if that is what you want). But I may be doing the Brit thing of confusing grills and barbecuing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got no experience of using anything like this but I think this grill uses infrared heat. The advantage of that seems to be that it doesn't dry the food out as much as a gas grill. I think the disadvantage is going to be that you won't get a smokey barbecue flavour (if that is what you want). But I may be doing the Brit thing of confusing grills and barbecuing...

It's not just a Brit thing. Most Mericans confuse grilling and BBQ. It drives the BBQ purists nuts.

With electric grill, I would first turn it on outdoors for enough time to burn off any manufacturing oils and "stuff." That "stuff" will ruin your food and smell up the house.

As for temperature, charcoal is best, while gas grills are down near electric for heat. Not a big deal for things like burgers and chicken. You won't get a perfect sear plus a perfect medium rare on a steak.

BTW, with fattier meats, you will still smell up the house. Not dangerous, but just be prepared for your house to smell like grilled food. You MAY also get some "flare ups" from fat burning. Be prepared -- don't panic.

Also, even with an electric grill, be prepared to deal with a fire, however remote the chances. Have a plan in place. That way, if something does happen, you can stay calm and deal with it.

Good luck!

CD

Also, even with an electric grill, be prepared to deal with a fire, however remote the chances. Have a plan in place. That way, if something does happen, you can stay calm and deal with it.

Good luck!

CD

Indoors, I use a George Foreman grill. Obviously not as hot as outdoors, but since we still have an excess of 20 inches of white fluffy out there, I'm doing any grilling indoors for the time being. No, not the same, and lacks that good charcoal flavor - but right now it has to do.

Regards fires - ALL kitchens should have a fire extinguisher, whether you grill or not. Have it handy, where you can grab it, and know how to use and to maintain it. And know, should worse come to worst, how to cut your losses, grab your family, and run.

I use either one of THESE for bbq'ing indoors We are not allowed to cook outdoors. :wink:

Christmas 2018 Grandson had recently moved into an apartment with no outdoor space for grilling. We got him a table top electric grill. I don't remember the brand. I have to ask George. I think it has some kind of of air handling system that keeps the smoke and odors from permeating the house. GS loves it. He uses it for steak, chicken, burgers - whatever. It is a grill, not a BBQ. I will find out the brand and let you know. It was not super expensive $90 - $100.

Back
Top Bottom