Grilled favourites?

Miaka_M

Veteran
Local time
8:04 PM
My parents don't grill anything and neither do I, but whenever we go out to family picnics, the family makes sure that there is a grill available to use. What is your favourite grilled food?

Mine is a grilled (buttered) corn-on-the-cob. I like it a little burnt and it tastes just amazing with lemon and paprika spread slightly around it. It has a tangy and spicy taste that mixes well with the vegetable. :) I also enjoy a yummy grilled eggplant!

I can't have too much corn because it makes my stomach acids act up. I like them, though, and butter lemon paprika corn sounds lovely, I've never tried that myself!

Lately I've been trying out the barbecue stalls on my street and around the corner. It's a hit-and-miss, some have sauces too sour, some have questionable meat qualities that I can't put my finger on like maybe it's the marinade or that it's slightly off or something--but when it's good, it's really really good. My favorite from this one place is the pork barbecue, and some squares of fatty, slightly jellied skin (pork, I think--although chicken skin might work just as well) on a stick, the latter tastes great when crisped up a bit.

I can't have too much corn because it makes my stomach acids act up. I like them, though, and butter lemon paprika corn sounds lovely, I've never tried that myself!

Lately I've been trying out the barbecue stalls on my street and around the corner. It's a hit-and-miss, some have sauces too sour, some have questionable meat qualities that I can't put my finger on like maybe it's the marinade or that it's slightly off or something--but when it's good, it's really really good. My favorite from this one place is the pork barbecue, and some squares of fatty, slightly jellied skin (pork, I think--although chicken skin might work just as well) on a stick, the latter tastes great when crisped up a bit.

Aww, well if you do get the chance (and take the chance for the matter) you should try it :) It is an old Indian favourite, just make sure you don't put too much paprika if you can't take the spice ^.^'

Aw, hit and misses? Darn :( I usually don't like street food personally, I have some bad experiences with the people running them, they can be so mean :'( That sounds lovely :) I'm a vegetarian, so I can't try that though haha.

I grill tons of chicken as well as veggies in a variety of ways. I rarely eat beef and I do eat some pork but don't cook it on the grill.

Chicken is my absolute favourite. Any kind of chicken really, though usually I like it spicy!

Back
Top Bottom