Recipe Grilled Peaches

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
9:27 PM
Summer is a great time to make fruit on the grill like this recipes, which is great on its own or even better served over vanilla ice cream or frozen yoghurt.

Ingredients
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/3 cup dark rum (or orange juice)
8 ripe peaches; peeled, pitted, halved

Method
Melt butter, then stir in brown sugar and rum.
Stir until sugar dissolves. Place peach halves in
a large bowl. Pour butter/rum mixture over peaches and stir gently to coat.
Grill peaches over a medium fire, about 5 minutes per side, brushing with leftover butter mixture as they grill.
Serves 4

Grilled or poached peaches are fantastic with duck, game or ham. The trouble with me, is that I don't like really sweet food. So, I'd omit the sugar but keep the rum and serve this with gammon.

It's coming into peak peach season here at the moment, so the idea of grilled peaches sounds fabulous to me. I feel like the saying "the simple things in life are often the best" rings true here - it's a short ingredient list but so super yummy! Grilled peaches are a firm favorite in our household!

Wait a minute. Is this grilled peaches a snack or a dessert or a dish? I am greatly amused to know that peaches can be grilled. We have no peaches here and the only peaches I know are those in the can that we use for making fruit salad. That's the reason why I am asking if that is a dessert or a dish. But in one post it said about duck, game or ham

Wait a minute. Is this grilled peaches a snack or a dessert or a dish? I am greatly amused to know that peaches can be grilled. We have no peaches here and the only peaches I know are those in the can that we use for making fruit salad. That's the reason why I am asking if that is a dessert or a dish. But in one post it said about duck, game or ham
I think the origial post is for a dessert dish. But you can also grill them for an accompaniment to meats (in which case you might not add sugar). Same with plums. You wouldn't eat a lot of them in a savoury dish. They would be more like having a pickle. Do you use fruit with savoury dishes in Filipino cooking?

@morning glory, I am really amused with the grilled peaches much more now that you say it is a dessert dish. I'm sure my husband would love that because he is fond of imported fruits. Some years ago, he was telling me about grilled apple. Take out the core then put raisins inside the apple and bake it or grill it. But he said he just saw the recipe and hadn't tried it yet. Maybe we can try it now because if peaches can be grilled then apple can also be grilled.

@morning glory, I am really amused with the grilled peaches much more now that you say it is a dessert dish. I'm sure my husband would love that because he is fond of imported fruits. Some years ago, he was telling me about grilled apple. Take out the core then put raisins inside the apple and bake it or grill it. But he said he just saw the recipe and hadn't tried it yet. Maybe we can try it now because if peaches can be grilled then apple can also be grilled.
My mother-in-law serves apples this way all the time as a dessert usually with yoghurt, though she tends to bake them and they are called Baked Apples.

I am definitely going to try this. I have heard so much about grilled peaches but I have never tried them. I love peaches. They are probably one of my most favorite fruit. I also going to try the grilled apples and pineapples, too. I mean how can you go wrong? I love all these great ideas for grilling.

Back
Top Bottom