Recipe Guinness® Glazed Potatoes

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
5:11 PM
Guiness-Glazed Potatoes.jpg
“A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.”
James Joyce, Ulysses

Ingredients
2 TBSP olive oil
4 or 5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 ” wedges.
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/4 cup Guinness*
1/4 cup vegetable broth
1 TBSP brown sugar

Method
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the potatoes in the pan, season with salt, pepper and onion salt and let cook uncovered for about 25 minutes, turning the potatoes every once in a while so they brown evenly. After 25 minutes, add the beer, vegetable broth and brown sugar. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the beer reduces down and the potatoes are tender.

* Guinness as a general rule is not vegan, EXCEPT the Guinness Extra Stout bottled in North America. See the emails from Guiness here . The Canadian Guinness brewery doesn’t use Isinglass. Make sure you are getting the Guinness Extra Stout brewed in Canada though, the one from the UK is NOT vegan.

http://wickedvegan.com/2012/03/14/guiness-glazed-potatoes/

These potatoes look so good. I can only imagine the flavor they would have with so many different flavorful ingredients in the recipe. Of course Guinness is always the seller for me. I don't think I.ever bought as much Guinness as I have since I joined this group.

These potatoes look so good. I can only imagine the flavor they would have with so many different flavorful ingredients in the recipe. Of course Guinness is always the seller for me. I don't think I.ever bought as much Guinness as I have since I joined this group.
Perhaps we should approach Guinness for sponsorship.

I have to confess I was thinking the same thing and I love the Yukon potato as well... And best of all, I had no idea about the vegan Guinness option... Once I have drunk my way through existing selection of dark ales in our home, I will seek out some extra stout...

I have to confess I was thinking the same thing and I love the Yukon potato as well... And best of all, I had no idea about the vegan Guinness option... Once I have drunk my way through existing selection of dark ales in our home, I will seek out some extra stout...
North American only now!
Also available in Southern Continents.

I have to say I am not sure what to say right now. I have no idea what the Yukon potatoes are but I have a sneaking feeling that I would like this taste of the dish with potatoes of my choice and my own twist of added spices.

I have to say I am not sure what to say right now. I have no idea what the Yukon potatoes are but I have a sneaking feeling that I would like this taste of the dish with potatoes of my choice and my own twist of added spices.
Yukon Gold potatoes are simply one type of very many type of potatoes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukon_Gold_potato

Thompson and Morgan's potato selector guide is rather useful. Scroll down the page to the list and they will tell you what a certain potato is best for.
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/potato-selector-guide You will see the Yukon Gold is best used as either a general purpose, baker or roaster... though the ones I have at the moment (Shetland Black which I grew this year) are missing from that list because I don't think T&M sell them.

Back
Top Bottom