Half and half pasta dishes: Wheat vs White

Local time
6:27 AM
I've never been a big fan of whole wheat pasta. I just can't really get into it. I LOVE whole wheat bread, but pasta just doesn't cut it for me for some reason! Recently, I've been mixing wheat noodles and white noodles 50/50 in order to create a balance that doesn't taste too grainy for me. I like it a lot better, because I know it's somewhat healthier, but I'm still getting the taste that I love. Does anyone else do this when a recipe calls for whole wheat pasta?

I've recently started eating wholewheat pasta and because I did not have enough wholewheat pasta I mixed it with white pasta and I was surprised by the nice taste.:)

I've recently started eating wholewheat pasta and because I did not have enough wholewheat pasta I mixed it with white pasta and I was surprised by the nice taste.:)
I mix them very frequently. I prefer whole wheat pasta, while my husband prefers white. We have found a nice compromise by mixing them. I think it tastes great! We also make sure that we season the pasta and have a delicious sauce to top it. I think mixing it is a fantastic option! It also saves me the hassle of making two different pans of pasta and we are both getting the benefits of the whole wheat pasta with the white pasta taste.

Hmm.. I haven't tried whole wheat pasta in ages but I'll certainly keep this in mind. I cook a lot of pasta so some variety would be great!

I made the switch to whole wheat pasta a long time ago and never looked back. The taste took a little getting used to at first, but now I'm so accustomed to it that I don't even notice. If you really can't get into, I think mixing them is a great a idea to at least get half of the healthier stuff in there. Have you ever tried "veggie pasta"? Basically long strings of vegetables that come out like pasta. Super healthy and with the right sauce, delicious :wink:

Back
Top Bottom