Halloween Treats & Eats

mjd

Veteran
Local time
7:55 AM
I've been trying to bribe my kiddies to NOT go trick-or-treating. I'm hoping their mayor bans it this year but there hasn't been any word yet. In the meantime, they love veggies so I've been trying to find some healthy options to balance the pirate's booty of candy they will surely get. Fortunately, they will eat healthy before diving in to candy/junk foods.

What fun recipes will you make this Halloween?

Thought this was cute...

skeleton.png

Source: Healthy Halloween Appetizers: Skeleton Crudité Platter

Those are both cute. I don't really think of Halloween as a food-related holiday, apart from the candy. In years past, when we'd get kids coming to the house for candy, I'd make pizza for us, and that became something of a tradition, because it's a sort of serve yourself at your own pace meal, and easy to step away from to answer the door every 30 seconds.

Reactions: mjd
TastyReuben, true. I always had some grab-and-go type food for Halloween. I'm in the Midwest too so you know how cold and (usually) rainy it is on Halloween. We had a huge snowfall last Halloween. I usually made a big pot of chili and some cornbread with hot chocolate for the kids.

My downfall is chocolate though so it's hard having it in the house. I used to have a plan. I wouldn't ever buy it but if I was willing to get dressed, drive to the store to get it, I could have it. Cut down my consumption quite a bit to do all that. I hate shopping (I know, I'm supposed to like it because of my gender) so avoiding the grocery store leads me to bulk shopping so I don't have to keep going back. ;-0

TastyReuben, true. I always had some grab-and-go type food for Halloween. I'm in the Midwest too so you know how cold and (usually) rainy it is on Halloween. We had a huge snowfall last Halloween. I usually made a big pot of chili and some cornbread with hot chocolate for the kids.

My downfall is chocolate though so it's hard having it in the house. I used to have a plan. I wouldn't ever buy it but if I was willing to get dressed, drive to the store to get it, I could have it. Cut down my consumption quite a bit to do all that. I hate shopping (I know, I'm supposed to like it because of my gender) so avoiding the grocery store leads me to bulk shopping so I don't have to keep going back. ;-0

I'm a sucker for the mini-Reece's peanut butter cups.

proxy-image.jpeg

CD

Back
Top Bottom