Halloween

Which brings us back on topic for Halloween. I will start a Christmas thread at some point but it is a bit early!

I don't know about the UK, but over here, the stores have had all their christmas stuff out for a few weeks. I hate that. One holiday at a time, please.

CD

Here are a couple of Halloween-appropriate photos I took in 201

The second one is a sculpture called "The Three Witches," which was/is set up in the same field as the Rollright Stones near Long Compton in the UK.

The grave markers were taken in Prestbury (I think), near Cheltenham.

We're watching the Food Paradise - Scary good episode. They had a candy corn drink - whipped cream vodka, pineapple juice mixed together and then a pour of grenadine that went straight to the bottom, topped off with whipped cream and candy corn pieces. Whew! My teeth hurt just looking at it.

What really got our attention though is bayoubaise, a Luizianne concoction from Muriel's in NOLA. Seafood meatballs made with shrimp and red fish, andouille, shrimp, mussels and lump crab in a broth made with shrimp stock and vermoth among other things, all mixed up with orzo. I jotted down the ingredients and how the chef made it for future reference, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
We're watching the Food Paradise - Scary good episode. They had a candy corn drink - whipped cream vodka, pineapple juice mixed together and then a pour of grenadine that went straight to the bottom, topped off with whipped cream and candy corn pieces. Whew! My teeth hurt just looking at it.

What really got our attention though is bayoubaise, a Luizianne concoction from Muriel's in NOLA. Seafood meatballs made with shrimp and red fish, andouille, shrimp, mussels and lump crab in a broth made with shrimp stock and vermouth among other things, all mixed up with orzo. I jotted down the ingredients and how the chef made it for future reference, hopefully soon.

Ive seen that on Andrew zimmern and Anthony Bourdain. It's on my bucket list.

Russ

Can we consider this photo in Halloween mood?

It is Thursday night, 8:45 PM. Not one trick or treater. We live in a nice neighborhood, houses are decorated, porch lights are on. Anyone else having trick or treaters in your neighborhood?

Back
Top Bottom