Happy Birthday, ElizabethB

Dear CB friends, you have touched my heart. Thank you all for your good wishes.
My Dear Husband walked in Friday evening with a dozen beautiful roses. Saturday morning, he presented me with a gift of my favorite Perfume. It has been discontinued for several years. He did a lot of online research to find it. Saturday night we went to dinner at Jane's French Cuisine.
Jane built the house. She traveled to France and purchased French antiques to sell out of her home. Jane had one daughter. When Jane died her grandson decided to open a restaurant in her home. Jane's grandson had attended French culinary school in New York and worked as a chef in NY and NOLA.. He went to great lengths to keep the feel of French antiquity that Jane had created.
The heavy wood doors and leaded transoms and windows are original. The beautiful chandeliers and the carved fireplace surround are also original. Antique oil paintings adorn the walls. If you know to ask you can see Jane's bedroom. Very small compared to American standards. Incredibly beautiful with fabric wallpaper. Her on-suite bath is small but beautiful. Walls covered with toile fabric.
The menu is limited and changes frequently. The kitchen is open. There are only 15 tables, and the tables are not turned.
We shared an appetizer - Forager's Terrine. Heritage Pork Terrine with an Exotic Mushroom Duxelles. Served with Dijon and Toast. The Terrine was much lighter and brighter than traditional Louisiana Head Cheese.
Entree
George had Poisson. Roast Small Young Chicken, Winter Root Vegetables, French Green Beans, Dijon Beurre Blanc Sauce.
I had Blanquette de Veau. Braised Veal served in a delicate Cream Sauce, Mushrooms, Carrots, Pearl onions and Fingerling Potatoes topped with French Black Truffles
Desert was Molten Chocolate Lave Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Candied Almonds.
A bottle of Chappellet Mt. Cuvee Proprietor's Red Blend, Napa.
It was much more than a meal. It was a lovely, romantic experience.
Thank you all. Your good wishes make me feel very special. :hug:
My birthday is just a number and mine is unlisted.

Back
Top Bottom