Happy Easter

CountryMom

Veteran
Local time
2:35 AM
Good Morning,

Currently I am in the midst of cooking Easter Dinner for the family today. I live in the New England area and have always loved cooking, trying and creating new recipes. I have a 14 year old daughter who also enjoys cooking and creating new dishes. I work full time and also attend college half time, which keeps me pretty busy. I look forward to learning new ideas from the community so that I can share with my daughter and also share with community any new ideas I have!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

I think of all the holidays Easter is the best one when it comes to cooking. I tend to make the traditional polish fare. Last weekend I cooked a ham, made hot German Potato Salad, made lot's of cut fruit and got a nice seedless rye bread to use for sandwiches. I use Swiss Chard for a cold green, it actually taste great on the sandwich or on it's own. If eating a giant leaf is to much try cutting it up and adding to some strawberries and clementine orange. Today we will have the traditional Polish sausage, cooked greens, dyed eggs, Macaroni and cheese and pretty much enough dessert and chocolate to turn you into a diabetic. The main course will be Duck soup. I can hardly wait!

Happy Easter! and I hope it is an amazing one. I will be making a side of green beans and bacon for our Easter dinner tonight and it will be tasty for sure. It is one of the few dishes in this world that I am not concerned with fat content. I soak the green beans in the bacon fat and incorporate it all. This is one dish in which half of th egoodness comes from the bad parts!

Happy Easter, just done the full easter experience with chocolate , which has been great as have had been with out it for lent

haha, happy Easter to you as well. Man, I miss the easter egg hunts I used to do back in Aus...

Hope everyone had a beautiful Easter - I certainly did. I ate out for Easter so I did not do any special dishes this time around. We just had a small family gathering with the regular Easter dishes. The dessert was simple with just some cake and ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom