Happy New Year 2022!

A very happy New year,everyone.
😊🤗🎉🎉🌾🍀
I went to sleep around 11 pm, kid stayed up and had giggles in a game with her friends in a phone call.

Igor and I texted jokes. I went for two walks. Nice day. 8 c.

Cooked a lovely barley potato onion creamy soup, meatloaf, homemade red salsa, pasta, an improved version with carob of my choc pralines, kid did a pizza. Happy and blessed.🙏🍀

It is now 6.43 in the brand New year.

I was woken up twice, once by the fireworks that went nonstop since 6pm, only intensified around midnight, second time by quarreling neighbours around 4am.🤪

It is quiet now. A nice cup of gentle green tea with jasmin.

I am happy it went on without any emergency situations.

My newest painting, Peggy's Cove in Canada photo inspired).🤗

Last edited:
People are setting off fireworks now, but it is raining, so no danger of catching anything on fire. It will only last a few minutes.

CD

It was like a warzone here all night, the worst assault of fireworks I have heard in my 34 years. This was an official ' we don't agree ' public statement about government mandates as fireworks were officially banned this year.

Our politicians are very disconnected to the people, the police told them it would be impossible to maintain such a mandate when most of society feels frustrated due to the lockdown but politicians pushed for it anyway.

So as a result because there was nothing else to do for teens ( and older people alike) they set the night on fire with illegal fireworks.

Lets be clear here: I support fireworks being banned. But taking away all people's expressions of ' fun ' will not work in a time like this, that's just realism.

The fireworks went on nonstop from 12.00 at 31 December to 02.30 on January 1st. I've only had 4 hrs of sleep in 24 hours so I am spent already

It was like a warzone here all night, the worst assault of fireworks I have heard in my 34 years. This was an official ' we don't agree ' public statement about government mandates as fireworks were officially banned this year.

Our politicians are very disconnected to the people, the police told them it would be impossible to maintain such a mandate when most of society feels frustrated due to the lockdown but politicians pushed for it anyway.

So as a result because there was nothing else to do for teens ( and older people alike) they set the night on fire with illegal fireworks.

Lets be clear here: I support fireworks being banned. But taking away all people's expressions of ' fun ' will not work in a time like this, that's just realism.

The fireworks went on nonstop from 12.00 at 31 December to 02.30 on January 1st. I've only had 4 hrs of sleep in 24 hours so I am spent already

Hey, if all the backlash from all the mandates is people setting off fireworks, I'd say that's a small price to pay. It sounds like the police there feel the same way. You have to let people let loose of some frustrations. As long as nobody gets hurt, let them blow off some steam.

Here in North Texas, we are on a grassy prairie, so fireworks done by anyone less than professionals can cause some big fires. Tonight, it was raining, so not such a big threat. The fireworks I heard only lasted about ten minutes.

CD

Hey, if all the backlash from all the mandates is people setting off fireworks, I'd say that's a small price to pay. It sounds like the police there feel the same way. You have to let people let loose of some frustrations. As long as nobody gets hurt, let them blow off some steam.

Here in North Texas, we are on a grassy prairie, so fireworks done by anyone less than professionals can cause some big fires. Tonight, it was raining, so not such a big threat. The fireworks I heard only lasted about ten minutes.

CD
Yeah I agree, but the fact that politicians will not acknowledge that just shows how cut off they are from the reality of people's daily lives. Their response was 'well, everyone should just act normal and we won't accept anyone setting off fireworks so if you do it you will get a fine AND a criminal record' to which police responded that they were not going to enforce that making the entire statement void. The police sure made a wise decision though, because now people put all their frustrations in setting off fireworks instead of rioting indeed.

Yeah I agree, but the fact that politicians will not acknowledge that just shows how cut off they are from the reality of people's daily lives. Their response was 'well, everyone should just act normal and we won't accept anyone setting off fireworks so if you do it you will get a fine AND a criminal record' to which police responded that they were not going to enforce that making the entire statement void. The police sure made a wise decision though, because now people put all their frustrations in setting off fireworks instead of rioting indeed.

Sometimes that is the plan. The people who make the rules, make the rules, knowing that the people who enforce the rules are not going to enforce them. It is a way minimizing something. It is a way of saying "Don't do this," and then looking the other way.

CD

It's like that here for July 4th, not so much New Year's.

We have a few neighbors who are...explosion-obsessed, so last night, it was some minor fireworks, but what was really the issue were the flash-bang things they like to set off.

These do nothing except light up the neighborhood for a second, similar to a flash of lightening, but the associated boom is enough to rattle our house, which is extremely annoying.

It's like that here for July 4th, not so much New Year's.

We have a few neighbors who are...explosion-obsessed, so last night, it was some minor fireworks, but what was really the issue were the flash-bang things they like to set off.

These do nothing except light up the neighborhood for a second, similar to a flash of lightening, but the associated boom is enough to rattle our house, which is extremely annoying.
Yeah due to it being illegal to posses fireworks here it was mainly flash bang here too, exceeding to mountain arrow explosions ( not sure what it is called but they use those to induce an avalanche) and those who have a thousand bangs before going out.
All the beautiful fireworks are usually legal..

Happy New Year, everyone!
Hope you all had a great time, wherever you are, whether it was a good dinner, a nice relaxing evening or a crazy dance night with far too much food, as we did!
It was so mild over here in Cinci (18°C - 64F) that we spent a good part of the evening outside. We all started off with a bang ( or should I say an "órale!!") because DIL opened a bottle of Mezcal and had us doing shots every half hour...
Good job we had a roast leg of pork, roast potatoes, brussels sprouts (can´t resist them. I lurv those things), and carrots with ginger, white wine and cream. Not to mention Papas a la huancaina (Potatoes, Peruvian style) and a quick "tapenade" I made at the last minute with black olives, sundried tomatoes, garlic, capers and oodles of olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom