Hard or Soft Shelled taco?

It depends on the mood but whatever is laid in front of me will surely be wiped in out in seconds! I believe that the legitimate Mexican tacos are soft-shelled and not the hard ones we see in the movies. Please correct me if I'm wrong :) Where I'm from though, we use hard shells more often and if it is a soft shell it'll be called a gyro/shawarma/wrap no matter the contents :p:

This is a bit of a hard question for me because I am from good'ol California. We have tacos on every corner! If I had to choose, I would definitely go with soft tacos. Soft street tacos are the best in my opinion. I am a sucker for carnitas!

I normally make soft ones at home, since I tend to keep packages tortillas in the freezer. One of these days, I'm going to make some from scratch, it's only a matter of time. in the meanwhile, I saw the hard packaged ones on sale the other day and picked up a pack, so I can make some tacos this weekend, yum!

When I was a kid all I knew of tacos was the hard shell kind. We'd get the kits at the grocery and make them at home and it was one of my favorite things. When I learned about the soft shell kind they seemed weird to me at first. Now all I eat are the soft kind; I think they are probably better for you.

Back
Top Bottom