Has anyone ever tried the 3 in 1 Nescafe?

I think all that is meant is that if you take some of these packs there is no need to take milk and sugar. Personally I think the product is quite vile! And it is very calorific.
Personally I agree with you on the vile.
I had just never heard of taking instant coffee camping. To me, the packet alone would be more waste.
But then I guess that would depend on the type of camping.

I had just never heard of taking instant coffee camping. To me, the packet alone would be more waste.
But you wouldn't catch me camping! Possibly 'glamping'!

They are not actually aimed at the camping market, some people do use them that way though. They are aimed at the 'can't be bothered' & 'bone idle/lazy' markets and those who live out of vehicles or service stations.

As for waste - totally agree and ironically with hiking/walking/etc you would end up carrying more weight than sugar and (instant) coffee in separate plastic bags (or pre-mixed if alone or all parties drink it the same). And you would have to deal with the litter it created.

However the idea of a 3 in one even when I could have milk would not be my cup of coffee at all. I never took sugar and milk together for starters. When out hiking/mountaineering/etc I always had coffee black with sugar - less washing up to do and easier because you don't have to carry liquid milk (hated powdered milk) and now I am allergic to milk, well its not an option. Anyhow, I prefer my coffee a certain strength and sweetness/lack of, so a pre-mix is out.

One thing to bear in mind, is that instant coffee granules in the UK/AUS/All of Europe are not what they are in America. It is a very large market here and I think much better quality. I for one, actually prefer instant coffee (though only some brands) to ground coffee needing a pot or cafetiere and that is what we drink - instant coffee granules. Add a spoonful or less in my case, to boiling water or hot milk, and you have your drink. Nescafe Original I tolerate, but it does not agree with my OH, so we tend to get something better quality. At the moment we are on a Douwe Egbert Moccana No 8 roast instant granules.

I was thinking re-usable containers. Oh and I could probably start a thread on lazy products. Though I don't use them.

Back
Top Bottom