Has anyone ever tried to make Liege Waffles?

pattyk

Veteran
Local time
8:47 AM
I've recently bought a waffle iron, and I'm enjoying using it so far. In my local supermarket some time ago I found some ready made Liege Waffles - they were awesome! Thick, fluffy, sweet and delicious, with an interesting addition of little lumps of sugar (apparently this is what makes them a Liege waffle). Having scoured the internet for a recipe, I find that there are so many different ones I don't know what to go with. Is there anyone here with a reliable recipe for the Liege waffle? I'd be hugely grateful.

We visit Northern europe at least 3 times a year to ride various areas many countries do crepes and pancakes in different guises,none beat waffles in Belgium ,
Tha video below is a good guide I have spent time to research the waffles talking to the street sellers in Belgium ,though some buy the dough already done,
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vhiEVbzB48

The process is laboured and not a Quick meal ,but well worth it,you may get some stick at the beginning but do not wash the iron with water,
I was offered a Belgian tattoo by one guy,basically do not touch the iron while hot,or you will find out what it is

I actually prefer the Brussels waffle because I think it's more light and you could put cream and things on there, whereas the Liege waffle is kinda heavier and sweeter. My tour guide in Belgium said that you just put sugar into the middle of the batter and make it as normal. I've never tried it myself so no clue

Back
Top Bottom