Has anyone seen THIS yet? Pressure Oven

This is my first time ever seeing this. I am surprised that they have not been advertising it on TV. The oven looks pretty cool and very useful.

I've only seen it in the imfommercial.

But I was wondering one thing;

Who is going to pressure cook a cake?! Cakes, breads & brownies require dry heat to bake properly. Now what?!

Of course, one can always improvise by parboiling meat in the pressure cooker to give it a head start, THEN put it in the oven to finish it with dry heat.

Actually, pressure cookers work quite well for cheesecakes believe it or not. If you think about the traditional way to bake a cheesecake in the oven, you need to put the cake pan into another pan that is filled part way with water to keep the oven moist during the cooking process - the pressure cooker traps in that moisture in a similar fashion.

This looks like a fairly interesting device, but I am assuming it cannot get up to the same pressure levels as a dedicated pressure cooker. It probably only mildly pressure cooks the food then roasts it the rest of the way until done. Looking inside the device you can clearly see all sorts of vent holes and fans - I don't get how they are sealing it off properly to pressure cook. Also, the inside looks a bit small, that "14lb" turkey looked like it was practically touching the walls and ceiling. I'm also guessing this would be a pain to keep clean with all the splattering from the meats cooking in it.

I would consider it if I could see it being used in person first.

Actually, pressure cookers work quite well for cheesecakes believe it or not. If you think about the traditional way to bake a cheesecake in the oven, you need to put the cake pan into another pan that is filled part way with water to keep the oven moist during the cooking process - the pressure cooker traps in that moisture in a similar fashion.

This looks like a fairly interesting device, but I am assuming it cannot get up to the same pressure levels as a dedicated pressure cooker. It probably only mildly pressure cooks the food then roasts it the rest of the way until done. Looking inside the device you can clearly see all sorts of vent holes and fans - I don't get how they are sealing it off properly to pressure cook. Also, the inside looks a bit small, that "14lb" turkey looked like it was practically touching the walls and ceiling. I'm also guessing this would be a pain to keep clean with all the splattering from the meats cooking in it.

I would consider it if I could see it being used in person first.

According to the imfommercial the oven uses low pressure to cook foods. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom