Have you ever fallen asleep on the "job"?

Have you ever fallen asleep while cooking?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Local time
5:58 AM
Has it ever happened to you? Your are preparing that dish and you either accidentally nod off or you figure it's safe to take a nap. After all, that roast or leg of pork will take a while before it finishes.

Well I have fallen asleep once or twice on the "job" and it hasn't always turned out well. I have had one or two "burnt offerings" because of my neglect. What has been your experience?

Whenever I am cooking anything, I make it a habit never to put myself in a position where I may fall asleep. There are times when I went to lie down for just about 3 to 5 minutes or so when in the midst of cooking, but I try not to make it any longer than that just in case I dozed off. I do not like the taste of burnt food, so I prefer to stay near the kitchen whenever I am cooking or baking anything. I know there are times when we may put something in the oven that we know would take some time to finish, but it is still very risky to take a nap at this time, since we are liable to oversleep and it is only the smell of burnt food that may awaken us. Then it would be too late.

Whenever I am cooking anything, I make it a habit never to put myself in a position where I may fall asleep. There are times when I went to lie down for just about 3 to 5 minutes or so when in the midst of cooking, but I try not to make it any longer than that just in case I dozed off. I do not like the taste of burnt food, so I prefer to stay near the kitchen whenever I am cooking or baking anything. I know there are times when we may put something in the oven that we know would take some time to finish, but it is still very risky to take a nap at this time, since we are liable to oversleep and it is only the smell of burnt food that may awaken us. Then it would be too late.

I know what you mean but I have made a few mistakes in this regard. What gets me going is when I leave someone who is wide awake to watch something for me and it goes south:(. That has happened as well. I have never fallen asleep on a major job though. I must confess I have left the oven on once or twice and had to rush home once I remembered. Only had one MAJOR "lost" there. I know it's a serious matter, and I THINK I have it under control.

Back
Top Bottom