Healthy diet meals?

x0beka0x

Veteran
Local time
12:19 AM
So my girlfriend is trying to diet, and I try to think of different healthy meals to prepare for her, even though I am not dieting. we end up eating the same kind of food a lot. So I was wondering does anybody have some great recipes that are good for dieting, but also delicious because I am not dieting so I want to eat something that tastes really good, because I'm trying to be supportive so I normally eat the same thing she's eating even if it is diet food. Help me out please,I'm tired of having the same meals a lot.

There are ways to diet without creating special meals.

The simplest way is to serve less in a portion, of course. Or serve less of the fattening stuff, and bulk out the rest of the portion with salad or nice fresh veg.

And you can cut down the amount of fat in meals you cook - grill meat instead of frying it - oven roast potato wedges intead of frying chips (fries, for you guys in the US). If frying ingredients, use a very small amount of fat - oil can be sprayed on the pan from a pump bottle, instead of dolloped in from the bottle. Opt for lower fat meats like chicken, to replace higher fat meats like beef.

Perhaps you could post here a few meals you like to eat, and we can suggest ways to cut down the calories in them.

I believe you can still have a healthy diet eating whatever you are eating today, but the key factor is similar to the environmentalist statement of reducing and reusing.

You can reuse your recipes by reducing sugar, salt, food additives, fats, or simply the serving size or the cooking method which, as noted already by Arch, can also reduce your daily calorie intake.

Thank you guys, I will make a list of meals we like to at tomorrow, gotta sit down and make a list of the food we at a lot.

If you're not doing the low carb thing, something I've been making a lot of lately are black bean and spanish rice burritos. They come together really quickly and can easily be served with a simple side salad. And they're cheap too.

I use Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base mixed with a little water, along with some El Pato brand spicy tomato sauce (don't use plain tomato sauce, Goya brand also makes a spicy tomato sauce if you cant find El Pato) - 1/2 cup of broth & 1/2 a cup of the sauce to one cup of Instant Rice. Then about 1/4 tsp of cumin and a 1/2 tsp of lime juice. Microwave it in a covered container for 6 min and the rice is done. Then just open and drain some black beans and microwave them too. For the burrito just add some shredded cheese and microwave them to soften them and melt the cheese, then add the rice and beans and roll them up. There is practically no fat in these at all, and they are very filling.

Chili is very filling, and can be made very low fat too. Most of the time I just use the McCormick chili seasoning packet, along with the listed extra ingredients needed, which are just canned tomatoes, ground meat, and beans.

For easy crunchy snacks, make some kale chips in the oven. Or you can make potato chips in the microwave by slicing the potatoes thin.

Most soups are healthy for you and are filling. Using some sort of broth and miropoix as a base can go far in making all sorts of soups. Brown some chicken sausage at the bottom plus a can of diced tomatoes to the base. Always add beans or lentils, both as a thickener, and because beans are great for you. If you have extra kale left (or any leafy vegetable like spinach), toss some of that in.

'water sauteing' has worked really well for me. Basically instead of sauteeing anything with oil, you can do a darn good job by heating up a bit of broth or seasoned water in the pan and cook vegetables like you're sauteing

Back
Top Bottom