Healthy Favorite Foods

zararian

Veteran
Local time
2:51 AM
What are your healthy favorite foods?
Lately I am trying to eat more healthy foods and very seldom to eat on fast food chains. Some of my favorite healthy foods are nuts, menudo (dish with meat, carrots, potatoes and tomato sauce), leafy vegetables and brown rice.

I don't eat much processed food or fast food. My favourite healthy meals are made with freshly cooked vegetables or a salad with homemade dressing.

For healthy snacking I eat dried fruits and nuts. I particularly like dried apricots and dates. I also enjoy fresh fruits when they are in season.

I like a lot of vegetable dishes because I really like vegetables, as long as it's cooked or prepared well. Although, I have to admit that I prefer them to be a bit more unhealthily prepared such as not skimping on salad dressing for salads or preferring vegetables to be deep fried sometimes (tempura), but for the most part I also like them when prepared as healthier dishes as well.

They say that we should eat the healthy way for a better life. Fruits, vegetables, lean white meats, tuna, whole grains and nuts are my favorite foods that keeps me fit and gives me the energy everyday.

I've been eating fresh veggies and fruits along with making them
Into meals. My favorite here lately is my chicken fried rice. It has a spin of different veggies, chicken and egg.

Some of my favorite healthy foods include tofu, olives, avocado, broccoli, mangoes, grapefruit, tomatoes, vegetable stir frys, brown rice and portobello mushroom soup. I know that's a varied list of foods ha ha. I definitely have more of a savoury tooth, than a sweet though.

I'm big with fresh veggies and also cook with fruit. Lots of sauteing and stir fry as well as mega salads. I do get most of my protein from dairy food rather than meat or chicken. Seafood and fish are big in my diet.

Fish and veggies. They are delicious, taste so good, are easy to prepare and as healthy as it gets. You should grill your fish with a little bit of butter, it's so good! A good lettuce, tomato and avocado salad with some yogurt dressing is also amazing!! Carrot sticks are great for a snack! And you can even have some nuts for a snack, they are healthy, fill you up and make your skin look better.
If you want some yummy dessert, you can also always bake whole wheat cookies with organic sugar or raw stevia sweetener as well... that doesn't taste as good as original cookies, but they are good enough for sweet tooth cravings!

I like all fruits and vegetables. I eat anything of them that is served. But regularly I eat cabbage, which is known to among the most nutrient-dense food. Meaning that it has the most number known and unknown phytochemicals which help the body to be healthy, strong and beautiful. Despite that I don't eat too much of it as I think that having too much of something always has bad repercussions.

For my snack, I have tomatoes and apples. I nibble them in between meals whenever I feel a sudden urge to fill up my stomach. I always bring them with me. I also substitute my meals with banana if I cannot have a meal to fuel me up.

Though water is not a food, I include it in my favorites.

I eat a lot of vegetables. I avoid meat, high fat food and too much of those carbohydrates-rich. I lean on protein foods. Depending on what you would like your body to become or depending on your need, the healthy foods for you will be based. But generally, I suggest that you cut down too much of processed food, those that have preservatives and high in sodium. Avoid junk foods and cut down your overall sugar intake. Minimize eating fried foods, sodas, and juice with artificial flavorings. Drink a lot of water instead and steam those that can be steamed rather than fry them. This is a simple key reminder for having healthy foods whenever you get a hard time estimating which is healthy or not: The more the processed a food is and the more ingredients/chemicals that are not familiar to you, the less healthy it is.

Back
Top Bottom