Healthy veggies?

x0beka0x

Veteran
Local time
5:55 PM
My girlfriend is trying to diet, and I know that veggies are good for dieting. So my question is, is there such thing as to much veggies? Also which veggies are rally good when trying to lose weight? Also we eat sweet potatoes a lot, is it bad to have sweet potatoes and veggies with dinner? And all we know how to do is just bake the sweet potato. Are there better or different ways to cook them? Are frozen veggies healthier then canned veggies? We buy some fresh veggies, but we only shop once a month, so it's hard to buy a bunch and eat them before thy go bad.

Veggies are good to lose weight as long as they are cooked fat-free or preferably boiled.

I don't think that there is such thing as too much vegetables whether someone is on diet or no, while quality of frozen vegetables depends on how they are handled.

Frozen veggies is better than canned and sweet potatoes are starchy foods so you can't have them with other veggies that are starchy or you end up feeling bloaty:( try using a steamer for veggies its a lot healthier.

Veggies are good to lose weight as long as they are cooked fat-free or preferably boiled.

I don't think that there is such thing as too much vegetables whether someone is on diet or no, while quality of frozen vegetables depends on how they are handled.

I agree. I've never thought of too much vegetables. I myself am making my boyfriend open up to veggies more - I started by incorporating them into dishes he already likes, like pasta and soup recipes. But every now and then, plain veggie dishes are great, too.

There is such a thing as too much, with everything. Even too much water is bad for you! But as long as you use common sense then you'll be fine. It's no rocket science, just don't try to live on tomatoes for a week.
If you want to go the healthy way then I'd definitely make the effort to go shopping a bit more often and buy fresh instead of frozen or canned.

I rarely eat veggies with other foods however I do have a habit of eating just a salad (a really big one though!) for lunch.

I like to eat fresh vegetables when I cook. I usually eat them raw but if I cook them, I usually steam them. I like steamed vegetables, but raw is the best for some.

My girlfriend is trying to diet, and I know that veggies are good for dieting. So my question is, is there such thing as to much veggies? Also which veggies are rally good when trying to lose weight? Also we eat sweet potatoes a lot, is it bad to have sweet potatoes and veggies with dinner? And all we know how to do is just bake the sweet potato. Are there better or different ways to cook them? Are frozen veggies healthier then canned veggies? We buy some fresh veggies, but we only shop once a month, so it's hard to buy a bunch and eat them before thy go bad.
OK well fresh raw vegetables are the best way to eat them for health reasons. All veggies help you lose weight, well just about all. I would back off the white potatoes a bit. To much starch is not good everyday. Frozen veggies are better than cook.

Back
Top Bottom