Hello all, looking forward to seeing some amazing food

My home knives are all Victorinox, a swiss make that although not the best knives in the world they are by far the best for the price you pay. Wustofs are kept at work, great knives for boxes of veg prep and butchery but completely unnecessary in a home kitchen!

I use Victorinox knives as my go-to knives everyday. I am very pleased with them, and at their price point, when they do eventually need to be replaced, I won't care.

CD

:welcome: from Chicago, IL (USA). I am a home cook. Your photos are gorgeous. I hope you like it here.

CB, looking at your sample photos, I am seeing at least one artificial light source, perhaps a soft box off to the right of your food. In some shots, I am seeing another "fill" light, that appears to be a smaller soft box. I'm thinking the large one is around 24X36 inches, and the smaller one is around 18X18 inches.

Or, maybe I have lost my ability to "read" photographs. ;-I

CD

I use Victorinox knives as my go-to knives everyday. I am very pleased with them, and at their price point, when they do eventually need to be replaced, I won't care.

CD
Totally agree, the rosewood one i use has done me 3 years so far and will easily be good for another 3 to 5 years. For the 60 quid (80 US dollars) i spent on it, thats a great amount of use. Also during this time its a pleasure to use.

My wife likes the crappy supermarket knives that slowly fall apart, get rust spots and dont hold an edge at 10 quid (13 USD) a pop and need replacing after a year or two. Some people just dont appreciate a good knife!

CB, looking at your sample photos, I am seeing at least one artificial light source, perhaps a soft box off to the right of your food. In some shots, I am seeing another "fill" light, that appears to be a smaller soft box. I'm thinking the large one is around 24X36 inches, and the smaller one is around 18X18 inches.

CD
Was this message intended for me or the OP?

CD
Haha excellent detective skills! I absolutely use a soft box and your sizing is pretty accurate too! Just the one though, i have no smaller secondary, just some LED spot lighting in the kitchen. Good skills!

Haha excellent detective skills! I absolutely use a soft box and your sizing is pretty accurate too! Just the one though, i have no smaller secondary, just some LED spot lighting in the kitchen. Good skills!

Well done, and excellent plating. You and Morning Glory do nice plating for photos. My plating is mediocre, on a good day.

I use a soft box for my main light source, too, and reflector cards for fill.

CD

Welcome, sorry for the delay. Lately I have been doing some work out of the house and otherwise just dealing with the chaos over here in the states :0(

But things are looking up as of today :0) Not going to get political but I am sure you get my drift.

Anyway, your photos are absolutely gorgeous. There are several forum members including Morning Glory who also take stunning photos. I can't wait to see what you do with some of the recipe challenges!

Back
Top Bottom