Hello, Everyone! I'm Shermie!

So it was what I thought :) so you get the lemon and the sugar from just 1 ingredient. Never heard of that before, another daft question, do you pour it fizzy or flat? If fizzy then do they add to the texture and make it lighter?

Some of the sugar.

You STILL have to add 3 cups of sugar to the creamed butter before you add the eggs. :unsure:

So it was what I thought :) so you get the lemon and the sugar from just 1 ingredient. Never heard of that before, another daft question, do you pour it fizzy or flat? If fizzy then do they add to the texture and make it lighter?

The 7up has always been fizzy when I add it to the batter

Lemon extract is also added, to help enhances the lemony flavor in the background.

The cake, in and of itself, rises totally on egg power alone. :wink:

No leavening agents like baking soda or baking powder are ever used at all. Not even salt! Just six basic ingredients. Which is part of the reason why I like to make it so much! :wink:

It would be a total disaster if you did!!

Trust me, I know. I once mistakingly used self-rising flour for the cake, and it was a bombshell!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom